PDA

View Full Version : thrust line

pistoncan
02-26-2008, 10:05 PM
I have to build a motor mount for my experimental wagabond and wonder if someone could tell me the location of the stock thrust line in reference to the top longeron, Thanks in advance Gary

Steve Pierce
02-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Gary, I have the engine mount drawing at the shop and can get you the information tomorrow.

Steve Pierce
02-27-2008, 02:17 PM
According to the engine mount drawing the thrustline for the Clipper, Pacer, Tri-Pacer and 150 hp Pawnee is 86 degrees from the firewall up (or 4 degree down thrust) and 3 1/4" below the center of the engine mount bolts on the firewall. It is also canted 2 degrees to the right.

pistoncan
02-27-2008, 10:04 PM
According to the engine mount drawing the thrustline for the Clipper, Pacer, Tri-Pacer and 150 hp Pawnee is 86 degrees from the firewall up (or 4 degree down thrust) and 3 1/4" below the center of the engine mount bolts on the firewall. It is also canted 2 degrees to the right.

Steve, As always, You are encyclopedic! Thank you

Stephen
02-28-2008, 12:05 AM
The 2 degrees canted to the right, while it helps during full power, seems to be inefficient for all other situations.

Frankenpacer
10-08-2008, 11:21 AM
I'm finishing up a new mount for my airplane and I decided to go with a zero-zero angle. I figure since my Hiperbipe has the same engine (IO-360) and a straight mount, the bigger, more docile Pacer-type should not really need down or right thrust. We'll see.

Curly
10-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Frankenpacer - welcolm back!

I was worried you had hopped off the twig or something.

Curly.

Frankenpacer
10-08-2008, 04:53 PM
[quote="Curly"]Frankenpacer - welcolm back!

quote]

Thanks Curly.

I had other, more pressing stuff to deal with for a while, but Frankenpacer is back near the top of the "things to do" list.

I'll be around from time to time.

Stephen
10-08-2008, 11:28 PM
FP, What does you project look like now?

Frankenpacer
10-09-2008, 08:20 AM
Stephen,

It looks pretty much the same since I was here last. I was finishing up my degree and that took most of my spare time, so the airplane just sat collecting dust. Also, in that time I have been slowly working on a new oil pan and tuned, cold air induction for the IO-360. I've done a few other little things like remove a bunch of unneeded tabs, and the sheetmetal boxing at the rear door posts (need to make new ones AND replace the tubing, btw), so the appearance has not changed much. When I have something new to show, I'll post some pictures. Next up is getting the engine hung, new firewall made, and the RV cowl mounted.

Stephen
10-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Congradulations on finishing your degree. Good to hear that you are back on the project.