PDA

View Full Version : PA-22/20 Drawings

chrisg
08-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Are electronic versions of the PA-22/20 drawings available on the site, or can someone post them?

Thanks,
Chris

Steve Pierce
08-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Are you wanting the Univair drawings to convert a Tri-Pacer to a Pacer or are you looking for Piper drawings for the Pacer and Tri-Pacer?

chrisg
08-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Both, I guess. I will be looking to do a tailwheel conversion, but I also want more comprehensive drawings. I don't know what the Univair drawings show...they might be enough if they show a lot.

Steve Pierce
08-24-2008, 02:42 PM
The SWPC has all the drawings on CD. http://www.shortwing.org/shortwing_cd.php The conversion drawings I have are simply instructions. If you look at the Pacer drawings on the SWPC CD that is basically what you will be doing using the Univair STC.

JohnW
08-24-2008, 04:46 PM
If "homework" is what you are after prior to laying out the Long Green for the STC, the Univair drawings (Light Plane Components -or LPC- STC SA45RM) drawings are included on the ShortWing Piper Club CD as well. These are not "current" drawings", since most all of them have been revised. But... they will "do for a sitdown" to see how they drew up the conversion and familiarize yourself with the mod. If you have any of the ShortWing airplanes Piper built, this CD is a MUST HAVE. I can't say how much this compilation is worth! A couple other STCs are shown on the CD, as well.

chrisg
08-24-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm looking into an experimental pacer project with a longer wing. I'd be using a late model pa22 fuselage i have (complete: interior, instruments, controls, etc.).

Right now I'm doing the research to figure out what is possible/reasonable and which direction to go. So, any and all drawings I can get my hands on will help. It sounds like the best source for drawings is from SWPC, huh?

Thanks,
Chris

jay heil
08-30-2008, 12:24 PM
there is 2 other options for a taiwheell conversion one is the raven gear contact Rick Lach dont have contact info but hes a member on the swpc site
the other is Eddie Trimmer's conversion http://trimmeraviation.com/gear.htm
just in case you would like to check them out
l

08-31-2008, 03:05 AM
I have been using a 3D CAD program to make up a full set of PA 20/22 Drawings. I have the fuselauge about 85% completed. I am working off the SWPC Drawings. I would be glad to work with you on anything you might need. I plan on starting on a full set of wing plans next, then gear, etc. The program can generate material lists, cut lists, etc. I am also generating the brackets and fittings used by Piper. Let me know how I can be of help.

I am working on a project with a modified gear, wing with slats or slots, extended baggage, extra wing tanks, etc. I have drawings for a modified instrument panel ready for water jet cutting. Kind of an Arizona Producer of sorts.

I think Steve Pierce may help out with some suggestions and review of the drawings. I'm hoping he will help me "modernize" the assemblies using best practices.

Mark Phillips
1957 PA 22/160
1952 PA 22/150

pistoncan
08-31-2008, 07:20 AM
I have been using a 3D CAD program to make up a full set of PA 20/22 Drawings. I have the fuselauge about 85% completed. I am working off the SWPC Drawings. I would be glad to work with you on anything you might need. I plan on starting on a full set of wing plans next, then gear, etc. The program can generate material lists, cut lists, etc. I am also generating the brackets and fittings used by Piper. Let me know how I can be of help.

I am working on a project with a modified gear, wing with slats or slots, extended baggage, extra wing tanks, etc. I have drawings for a modified instrument panel ready for water jet cutting. Kind of an Arizona Producer of sorts.

I think Steve Pierce may help out with some suggestions and review of the drawings. I'm hoping he will help me "modernize" the assemblies using best practices.

Mark Phillips
1957 PA 22/160
1952 PA 22/150
Wow, That is quite a project. I would sure like to see prints/diagrams of the slotted wing components.

j3cubav8r
04-01-2011, 12:44 AM

Mark Phillips
1957 PA 22/160
1952 PA 22/150

Dear Sir
Please leave a way to reach you. I would like to ask you
a few questions and make a proposel that you might
find interesting. @hotmail.com
Peter

Nathan Hiebert
04-01-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm working the Univair Tailwheel conversion right now on my PA-22 and I think the STC drawings are excellent. The STC came with step by step instructions, plus all the drawings to do the work.

bushcruiser son
04-04-2011, 10:08 AM
If you get a chance check out the new post "new member" There is a picture of my dad's experimental pacer "bushcruiser" If you're wanting a longer wing, this is the way to go. He has modified PA-18 wings on it and he also extend the firewall and the fusealog (tail) to get the super cub feel when sititng in the front seats. I've got about 15 hours in it and it's an amazing flying airplane!

His name is Bob Gatherer and you can contact him at 509-284-6927. He has also done the Tri-Pacer / Pacer modification on his old Pacer.

Just a thought. Good luck with your project!

Todd

j3cubav8r
04-05-2011, 01:15 AM
The SWPC has all the drawings on CD. http://www.shortwing.org/shortwing_cd.php (http://www.shortwing.org/shortwing_cd.php) The conversion drawings I have are simply instructions. If you look at the Pacer drawings on the SWPC CD that is basically what you will be doing using the Univair STC.

PAGE NOT FOUND I'd like to see this CD.

Steve Pierce
04-05-2011, 06:56 AM
If this doesn't work: http://www.shortwing.org/catalog/swpc-cd-collection

Try their homepage and look in the lower right hand corner. http://www.shortwing.org/

BrettL
04-06-2011, 12:13 PM
The SWPC has all the drawings on CD.

I wouldn't say "ALL". The "Piper Drawings Vol. 1" CD contains most of the major drawings for the entire shortwing series. Drawings for many smaller parts and details are missing. The "Vagabond Drawings Vol. 1" contains pretty much every relevant drawing for the PA-15. The only drawings it includes for the PA-17 are ones that also apply to the PA-15. Some of the drawings included may also be relevant to other shortwing and fabric Pipers. The PA-15 has the most complete set of drawings available through the SWPC.

Some of the drawings are duplicated on both CDs, but in many cases the duplicates are of different quality. I've found some that are nearly unreadable on one CD, but very clear on the other.

Steve Pierce
04-06-2011, 01:22 PM
OK, I would say that all the available drawings are on the Short Wing Piper drawings that are available are on the two drawing CDs on the link provided. The Vagabond CD has a ton of small parts drawing that are handy when working on J3s through Tri-Pacers.