PDA

View Full Version : Help finding drawings on CD

pistoncan
11-23-2014, 08:06 AM
Hey Guys. It's been a long time since I have posted. There has been alot going on here medical wise, over the last year and a half that has really slowed me down. (bladder cancer and maybe a new hip) but I am trying to get back to work on my project this winter.

I pretty much have all the welding done on the fuselage and I have been painting it with epoxy two part primer and getting ready to make the floor panels. I have been looking for PA20 and 22 floor panel prints on the CD and can't find them. Am I missing something or are they not there? I will probably make poster board patterns anyway but it would make it easier if I had a print to look at. I only have the shortwing CD.

Thanks in advance.

Gary

Steve Pierce
11-23-2014, 10:26 AM
Welcome back Gary. Hope all is well. I don't recall seeing the floorboard drawings but willlook. I probably have some pictures.

Clayton Harper
11-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Gary,
I to am healing up from some surgery, all be it not as extensive as yours (glad your better). Bored, I started to at least look at every drawing on both CD's. I have made a 8.5"X11" copy of those that I thought I might need later. I have looked about half of the some 1800 drawings, and have not seen any floor board drawings yet. I'll let you know one way or another.

JPerkins
11-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Gary,
. . . Bored, I started to at least look at every drawing on both CD's. . .

There are two? I have the swpc CD circa 2000. I thought that's all there was.

Also Gary I have a colt floorboard (think its the same front floorboard as a tri pacer) could snap a pic of with a tape measure next to it if that helps.
Jason

Steve Pierce
11-23-2014, 01:46 PM
The Vagabond Drawing CD has a lot of the small parts common to all rag and tube Pipers.

JPerkins
11-24-2014, 11:15 PM
7276Don't know if this helps (probably not without specific dimensions), but here ya go!

mmoyle
11-25-2014, 12:11 AM
Posted pictures under floor sheeting. 1950 PA20. I looked through all the DWG's and don't recall any flooring dwg's. I can measure the radius of each master cylinder opening...if you have the original toe brake set up. The PA20/22 conversion doesn't have openings....least they don't for the Trimmer tailwheel conversion drawings.
Mark M,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pistoncan
11-25-2014, 12:24 AM
Thank you all for your input. The real question in my mind was about the rear seat and the baggage area floor. One piece or two? or more? overlapped? or not? I tend to fall back on the adage, "how did piper do it" as they were probably alot smarter than I am. My project is a tandem, sorta like a J5 but only for 2 people as I want it to be sport, with lots of room for a big pilot.

mmoyle
11-25-2014, 12:32 AM
Mine has a total of 5 pieces. One up front, two under the side by side front seats, two sheets aft. The sheets over lap...bout an inch. The rear sheets, each one is 1/4" wider than distance between the longerons centerline. One sheet fore to aft between each cross tube intersecting with the longerons at a 90 degree angle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clayton Harper
11-25-2014, 12:33 AM
In my Clipper, the rear seat was 2 piece, no overlap. The baggage was one piece. Piper used .032" 3003 H(something, I'll check it tomorrow). I have mine out of the airplane stripping them for painting. If it would help I could make some patterns.

pistoncan
11-25-2014, 12:40 AM
Mine has a total of 5 pieces. One up front, two under the side by side front seats, two sheets aft. The sheets over lap...bout an inch. The rear sheets, each one is 1/4" wider than distance between the longerons centerline. One sheet fore to aft between each cross tube intersecting with the longerons at a 90 degree angle.

In my Clipper, the rear seat was 2 piece, no overlap. The baggage was one piece. Piper used .032" 3003 H(something, I'll check it tomorrow). I have mine out of the airplane stripping them for painting. If it would help I could make some patterns.

With what you guys have told me, I think I can figure it out. If anyone has a picture of the rear panels and baggage that would be helpful. I will make poster board patterns of them and lay them out on the aluminum before I cut anything. I bought some .032 (3003 or 5032 or something) to make the floors out of.