Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got a head scratcher here... any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Got a head scratcher here... any ideas?

Long shot but I would check the rocker box drain back tube hose, clamps and case fittings.

Dwain, could you provide dimensions or images on where you placed your crankcase vent tube? Got to install a new one on my restoration.

Allycat

Post Thanks / Like

Front seal replaced and curing. Thanks for all of the tips. Now for the test flight, hopefully a clean cowl when I get back.
    The old seal looked pristine, however it was very loose and spun freely during extraction. The new install was painless.
    IMG_0688.jpg
    "If you do something; something else will happen. Don't wiggle the controls" Jim Alsip; EAA Webinar Oct 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Got a test flight in tonight (I must admit, took the fishing rod!). I didn't push hard, but a good workout nonetheless. Only a couple of drips.... perhaps left overs? Thank you all for the help.
    "If you do something; something else will happen. Don't wiggle the controls" Jim Alsip; EAA Webinar Oct 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Alleycat,
    Sorry, just saw your post. I can't check the dimensions because I sold the airplane.