Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing STC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wing STC

Quote Originally Posted by eskflyer View Post
    Thanks Brian,
    The 337 I have has the aileron stock length moved out 24 inches and the flap lengthened 24 inches , another bellcrank is added and the inner and outer bellcrank are tied together with a rod. A new compression strut is placed on the outer hinge of the aileron between the spars and the cables are lengthened 24 inches to match.
    That would be the better way to do it...
    Can always try for a follow on approval based on the one you have..

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can post the 337 here as well but the FAA will not approve a control system change without going through engineering. It is specifically called out in the 8900 document.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there an STC for the super cub where the flaps are extended 100" or so?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have never heard of a long flap STC for supercubs, but there is one for PA-12/14. I believe it reworks a PA-12 aileron into a 102" flap and then uses a shorter aileron, maybe 85", located all the way out to the end of the wing. Here is a thread that discusses it: http://www.supercub.org/forum/showth...-long-flap-stc

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dakota Cub uses a longer flap on their squared off Super Cub wing when they move the stock length aileron outboard.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 337 for extending the flaps inboard and moving the ailerons outboard. The 337 used a Supercub STC as data. I don't know that this would work today. It's approved but has not been installed.
    On another plane I have has the Crosswinds STOL STC. It has the flaps extended inboard so they meet the fuselage when the flaps are extended. It also has gap seals, droop tips, leading edge cuff and stall fences.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Davis View Post
    I have a 337 for extending the flaps inboard and moving the ailerons outboard. The 337 used a Supercub STC as data. I don't know that this would work today. It's approved but has not been installed.
    On another plane I have has the Crosswinds STOL STC. It has the flaps extended inboard so they meet the fuselage when the flaps are extended. It also has gap seals, droop tips, leading edge cuff and stall fences.
    Does this 337 have a FSDO sign off?
    Last edited by Stephen; 07-22-2016 at 09:29 AM.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't mind so much if the flaps didn't get extended but it would be nice to get the aileron out to the tip

Post Thanks / Like

What is the wingspan with the Ferguson Plane Booster tips? How much length is added to each wing before putting the droop wingtip on?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Does this 337 have a FSDO sign off?
    Hey Steve, I have a copy of what Marc has...

The 337 uses STC's SA612AL and SA453AL.

SA612AL is Day & Night extended ailerons on PA-18's
    SA453AL is installation of Hendrick / Sullivan wing tips on PA-22.

There are two signed 337's.. One on a PA-20 and the other on a PA-22.. Text of both in block 8 is as follows:

Extended ailerons per STC SA612AL except aircraft is a PA-22 (PA-20 on the other one). All work done in accordance with Day & Night drawings No. 1-1-0 and 1-1-1. This alteration must be inspected in accordance with FAR 43 appendix D.

Both of these were signed off at the AAL FSDO. One in 1988 the other in 2000.

I had thought about taking the information to the ACO and seeing about the possibility of an STC but have not been able to do so as of yet.

Brian.