Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cracked Engine Mount

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cracked Engine Mount

I have a PA 22 /20 Lyc 290D2 with a cracked engine mount. I see that Wag-Aero has an exchange program where you can send them your core and they send you a rebuilt one. They also can repair the one you have. Have any of you used them? Also, anybody have an engine mount for sale?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Cracked Engine Mount

wonder if it was bad from factory or something that needs fixed broke it?

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea how it broke. Crack looks a little old. Had the plane about 4 years. Engine has been running fine. First time crack found at annual. Also I am confuesed on the correct part number for this mount, is it 11786-13 or -14? ......in the event I just need to go buy one.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I have read the Clipper and Pacer mount is the same, the trigear had a different mount I think. The only difference between the Clipper and Pacer engine mount is a new part number designation for the same part.
    Last edited by Tp109; 07-14-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Most shops advertising mount repairs will make the fix stronger than original, or at least as good or they wouldn't be in business very long. I think the real differences between shops would be cost and service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

PA16, 20, 22 and 25-150 all have the same mount. Only difference is the brackets (brake master cylinder, nose gear mount etc.) that are welded to it.

There is a picture of the drawing in the members area you can view if you are a paying member. http://www.shortwingpipers.org/forum...-22-amp-25-150

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Kosola in Georgia once with good results, looks like they are now part of aerospace welding in MN.

AWI Acquires Kosola and Associates
    Eagan, MN – Aerospace Welding Minneapolis, Inc. (FAA CRS# UWDR792L/EASA.145.6155) has announced the acquisition of Kosola and Associates, a well-respected engine mount repair facility based in Albany, GA.
    “By combining the assets of the world’s two premier engine mount shops, we can now offer an unsurpassed list of available precision engine mount tooling, an increased inventory of cores, and a broader choice of exchange units,” said company CEO Tom Heid. “Our mount shop has always been second to none, and will continue to grow as we assimilate Kosola’ s assets into our shop, and move forward to expand our business even more.”
    AWI is an FAA/EASA Certified Repair Station for weld repairs, and the world’s largest facility doing exhaust overhauls, as well as engine mount and turbo mount repairs. AWI is based in Eagan, MN. More information, as well as an on-line catalog can be found on the company website at www.awi-ami.com. Questions can be emailed to info@awi-ami.com, or call 800-597-4315.
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

Living in WI, makes Wag Aero about a hour drive for me. I have gone to the store to pick up some items and save on shipping, most times they are confused, unorganized, and kinda dysfunctional. I would only use them if really needed!

I recently contacted AWI, who now holds the approval for repairs for the PA 22 mount. Their repairs are for the PA22 only which works for yours

Post Thanks / Like

Have heard similar comments on Wag Aero back 15 years ago
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

I have had good results with Aero Fabricators (Wag Aero). You should be able to speak to the person that will do the work needed which could possibly eliminate the confusion.