Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Converting to disc brake, flex hose options?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Converting to disc brake, flex hose options?

There are Weatherhead caps and plugs. I have used nylon split braid and split vinyl hose where stainless braided lines chafe.

Post Thanks / Like

So I read about AN fittings and kind of have a grip on them...37 degrees. How do they compare to weatherhead? These are the older variety? Saw they were purchased in 02 by eaton. Can't track down too much more on that online. A brief lesson would be much appreciated. Finding all these threads quite helpful as I make the switch to double puck brakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wmvosburgh View Post
    So I read about AN fittings and kind of have a grip on them...37 degrees. How do they compare to weatherhead? These are the older variety? Saw they were purchased in 02 by eaton. Can't track down too much more on that online. A brief lesson would be much appreciated. Finding all these threads quite helpful as I make the switch to double puck brakes.

Weatherheads are 45 degree flares. The body is commonly made of brass and the nut is steel. There is no ferrule or sleeve, so the steel nut drives down on the backside of the aluminum flare. Not very tolerant to over tightening. Also in comparison weather heads can be significantly heavier. Univair sells the Weatherheads using the Piper PN in the IPC, if you want care about maintaining originality.
    Last edited by Vagabondblues; 12-07-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabondblues View Post
    Weatherheads are 45 degree flares. The body is commonly made of brass and the nut is steel. There is no ferrule or sleeve, so the steel nut drives down on the backside of the aluminum flare. Not very tolerant to over tightening. Also in comparison weather heads can be significantly heavier. Univair sells the Weatherheads using the Piper PN in the IPC, if you want care about maintaining originality.
    Thanks for the info! Wealth of information on here.