Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: SWPC Drawing CDs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: how to order plans cd's

Don't know that I will actually, but i'm exploring possibilities. I certainly would have a donor airframe for usable parts. How many parts...that is the question... because i'm serious about staying in the ex.cat. If that turns out to be impossible I probably won't pursue this venture. No way to recover your expense for a ground up build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: how to order plans cd's

Years ago Piper sold the Vagabond Type Certificate to someone, gave them the drawings and then backed out. The family donated those drwaings to the Short Wing Piper Club. They digitalized them and offer them for sale. I would think you could scratch build using both the Vagabond and regular Short Wing Drawing CDs. Might be handy to look at a real airplane from time to time. As inexpensive as projects seem to be you can save a lot of time by buying used parts as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PA-22/20 Drawings

Quote Originally Posted by ;23152
    I have been using a 3D CAD program to make up a full set of PA 20/22 Drawings. I have the fuselauge about 85% completed. I am working off the SWPC Drawings. I would be glad to work with you on anything you might need. I plan on starting on a full set of wing plans next, then gear, etc. The program can generate material lists, cut lists, etc. I am also generating the brackets and fittings used by Piper. Let me know how I can be of help.

I am working on a project with a modified gear, wing with slats or slots, extended baggage, extra wing tanks, etc. I have drawings for a modified instrument panel ready for water jet cutting. Kind of an Arizona Producer of sorts.

I think Steve Pierce may help out with some suggestions and review of the drawings. I'm hoping he will help me "modernize" the assemblies using best practices.

Mark Phillips
    1957 PA 22/160
    1952 PA 22/150
    Id be interested in the fairing u channel drawings for the bottom of the Pacer. The belly ratings around the gear attach to these . I would pay for them . I'm at 832 704 0025 thanks John Gruby

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know how to contact Mark Phillips about CAD drawings?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SWPC Drawing CDs

He deleted his profile and moved to Hawaii back in 2009.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone converted the drawing CD to a flash drive?

I bought a new laptop and it doesn’t have a CD drive, but I’d like to run the program on the new laptop just as if I was inserting the CD.

I’ve been able to copy the individual PDFs over, but I’d like to be able to run the program, or even save the program on the new laptop.

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly I don't think it is an actual program as such but just hyperlinks in the index spreadsheet. I did something similar by copying over everything from the CD onto my laptop. I had to create a local folder with a name that matched what was in the hyperlinks.
    TonyN

Sent from my SM-G950F using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I download the CD on my computer and then just search the part number (drawing number) I am looking for, Occasionally I what to go over the drawing list and install the CD, probably just need to download the CD onto a zip drive. That is what I need to do. The Club could do it and probably save on shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Swp cd

waoo i was waiting for this electronic versions of the PA-22/20 drawings.