Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bubble windows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bubble windows

A dumb question from a not-yet owner- I assume that bubble windows in a SWP are only feasible in an experimental SWP, or are you guys suggesting that it might be possible to install them on a Tripacer with a 337 or via some other (legal in U.S.) process?

Post Thanks / Like

Not a dumb question at all.
    Strictly Experimental as I understand it!
    Wouldn't like to embark on the task of trying to convince those that enforce the regulations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by al44 View Post
    A dumb question from a not-yet owner- I assume that bubble windows in a SWP are only feasible in an experimental SWP, or are you guys suggesting that it might be possible to install them on a Tripacer with a 337 or via some other (legal in U.S.) process?
    Depends on your time a patience I am sure. Hate dealing with the FAA on field approvals. Maybe just the factory windows instead of the whole door but I bet they would want flight testing.

Post Thanks / Like

I have full plexiglass doors currently which had to be shaped to fit the door. I considered this a minor alteration.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

It seems foggy as to minor versus major alteration. I my opinion changing part or all of the aluminum on the doors to plexi would be minor, but opinions are like ass holes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bubble Doors from the Zenith CH750 used on the shortwing piper

Has anyone thought about buying left and right "Bubble Doors" used in the Zenith CH750 and just adapt them to the shortwing? They look really close to the seaplane doors and bow out 4 inches each for added width.

http://www.zenithair.com/stolch750/750-cabin.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I merged your thread with another discussion on the same subject. I wonder if it would be easier to fabricate a new door to fit the Pacer or Tri-Pacer vs adapting this door. Would be nice vor visibility and if bubbled out for more room.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be interested in this as well. I know I won't be able to afford to add the left side door for quite some time, but adding visibility in any way would be nice. Either bubble onboth side windows alone, or maybe full plexiglass on both sides.