Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing STC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wing STC

I have a 337 for a airplane a PA 22/20 that were extended and had ailerons moved out and flaps extended. I am at work until the 21st. I can email you copies on the 22nd.
    I got these from a friend who was a former FAA guy and he had no problem getting it signed off. go figure lol.

JP 907-394-3579

Post Thanks / Like

I am interested in copies as well, if you would be so kind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eskflyer View Post
    I have a 337 for a airplane a PA 22/20 that were extended and had ailerons moved out and flaps extended. I am at work until the 21st. I can email you copies on the 22nd.
    I got these from a friend who was a former FAA guy and he had no problem getting it signed off. go figure lol.

JP 907-394-3579
    I would REALLY appreciate it! Will be following through with the my plan... Learned along time ago... If the math supported the design....people who weren't quite up to snuff on the math were less likely to admit they didn't understand and would support it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Lot of that depends on the FSDO, and the inspector's background. Sounds like he was working with a good group
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

It makes common sense to get the aileron out where it is more efficient but saying FAA and common sense in one sentence is a stretch . Thanks eskflyer for your help

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to help all. Will be sent out on the 22nd, and sending to pierce so it can be available to all on here.

Post Thanks / Like

If you'd like, I could put it on my website for everyone? You could PM me if interested

andy
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

Andy, I will send it to you also , thank you very much for all the info you have gathered and kept going on your site. I have used the info a lot and referred others to it.

Thanks
    JP

Post Thanks / Like

I got a 337 copy from a member that did the old Day and Night aileron extension via plane booster (Ferguson) wing tips on the Super Cub but approved on a Pacer wing... Only drawback is it is aileron extensions only and flaps are stock length...

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Brian,
    The 337 I have has the aileron stock length moved out 24 inches and the flap lengthened 24 inches , another bellcrank is added and the inner and outer bellcrank are tied together with a rod. A new compression strut is placed on the outer hinge of the aileron between the spars and the cables are lengthened 24 inches to match.