Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cell phones in your ShortWing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Cell phones in your ShortWing

I used to drill with an M14, but never shot an M1.

I’ve got a PS-something with a 3.5mm audio input. Currently I run a cord from my phone to it, but I’m probably going to either 1) update my headphones to Bluetooth so my wife doesn’t have to hear my music, or 2) put a Bluetooth adapter under the dash that ties into that input jack.

1 gets me stereo sound. 2 gets me (mono) Bluetooth music much cheaper.

I’d be very interested in hearing what you end up going with and your thoughts on it after some hours behind the audio. It’ll inform more than a few people’s panel upgrade plans!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    Okay, so the main thing I have learned here is that nobody in this thread has ever owned or tried to shoot anything with an M1 carbine....or maybe you guys are real badasses

I have been really thinking about the whole bluetooth thing, mostly since I need an audio panel anyway. Plus one of my friends has one and it is super cool. I have a ps1000 intercom now but plan to sell it as well. Here is where I'm at with this:

I could use a PS8000bt audio panel.
    Or-

I could get one of those fancy par200a audio panel/com units and sell my like brand-new sl-40 com. This option would give me one less
    item in the stack (lighter). I have the space for either option, but barely if I just add the 8000bt panel. I figure cost would be about the same with selling the sl-40.
    The only difference is no marker beacon with this option, not that it is really needed anymore. All of this is so I have a backup com to my newly acquired-but-not-installed 430w and can use the pacer for my ifr ticket.
    Maybe some of us lurkers have shot both M1s

Post Thanks / Like

Even us lurkers downunder
    The old 30/30 isn't so bad for closer/close range stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

You only get synthetic vision on Foreflight if you buy the $200 per year package.

My primary weapon for years has been a 45 lever action. As my eyes age I am drifting toward the 30-30 because it has a scope.
    Last edited by Jeff J; 12-05-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought this was an airplane forum. Guess we’ve been hijacked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post
    Looks like we share lots of common interests!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post
    ...at gunpoint.

A little thread drift is OK. Could be airplane related for the backwoods guys -as in part of the survival gear.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smcnutt View Post
    ...at gunpoint.

A little thread drift is OK. Could be airplane related for the backwoods guys -as in part of the survival gear.
    Funny you should mention that... when I was living in AK I was told a gun in the airplane was required equipment along with x amount of food and water. I don’t recall now where the requirements came from but I remember thinking it could be a problem for anyone flying in or out of Canada because most people I knew up there favored small guns to save weight and space but that meant they were too small to transport across the border. Even my 45 lever action deer gun wasn’t legal then and that was before Canada tightened the restrictions.

Post Thanks / Like

Firearm used to be part of the State of Alaska survival equipment requirements. They revised it a couple decades ago, and it no longer includes a firearm as a requirement. FWIW.