Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Platinum Pacer Wings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Platinum Pacer Wings

Not much to report wing wise. Did receive what I thought would be the remaining wing parts from Dakota Cub...a few days ago.
    I opened the box.... Three wing ribs were revealed? Didn't know I was short three ribs? Empty the box of what are supposed to be aileron parts and two flap hinge assemblies. Not. Looks like I'll be calling Stoddard's for the aileron leading edge skins, Univair for the flap hinges... I've been waiting on wing parts since April.
    Working on the powerhouse daily. Electrical system under construction and upgrade. Changed out a 150 amp breaker for an adjustable magnetic trip 400 amp breaker.. Fabricated a mount bracket...pulling wire...mounted a new 400 amp fuseable disconnect switch..
    New marine genset..says Luger...but it's a Deere. 65kW
    The back up genset is a 3304 Cat 95kW. Has just over 65,000 total time...10 minutes since overhaul.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I should add... The guys at Dakota Cub have been very kind and helpful and have delivered quality stuff. Me being an odd ball customer by asking for stuff that isn't off the shelf.... Is the likely time issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, any progress?
    1957 PA-22/20 "Super Pacer" based 1H0
    Lifetime EAA member
    Vintage Aircraft Association member
    Lifetime EAA Chapter 32 member

Post Thanks / Like

Default Platinum Pacer Wings

Grrrrr no...wing parts sit unloved. I've been loving up four ought wire....bout 500 feet. Past couple days cutting and soldering 2" copper pipe for the primary jacket water system..... two diesel gensets. Water main freezing.....
    Cylinder base but wrench was handier than my other tool box at the airport.

Last edited by mmoyle; 02-08-2017 at 12:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, I'll be off for four weeks in Aug/Sep. If I can find a way (and my wife doesn't strangle me) maybe I need to come by the shop!
    I don't think I'd be up to a cross country that long in the Pacer, it would have to be a burner to ANC and figure it out from there.

Keep up the good work on the electric, it will pay dividends later when you don't have to keep running out to patch together the old system.
    Lifetime EAA member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hann View Post
    Mark, I'll be off for four weeks in Aug/Sep. If I can find a way (and my wife doesn't strangle me) maybe I need to come by the shop!
    I don't think I'd be up to a cross country that long in the Pacer, it would have to be a burner to ANC and figure it out from there.

Keep up the good work on the electric, it will pay dividends later when you don't have to keep running out to patch together the old system.
    Kool. Platinum summer fun is to be had in August and September. Can't beat Silver Salmon fishing....Pacer will be done...Platinum to Anchorage, Anchorage Platinum is a beautiful flight....

Post Thanks / Like

We'll have to see what happens. Amazing how my schedule fills up! I really want to come up for the Airman Show in May but I get the feeling I won't be able to get a hall pass for that (either).
    Lifetime EAA member

Post Thanks / Like

Default Platinum Pacer Wings

Did the Ak airmen show for the first time last year... Great place to finally meet and put a face to voices, the folks on this site, back country and the supercub sites....

Post Thanks / Like

Almost wing build time... powerhouse is done less a few things that can wait until spring...and replace one circuit card on the Tramont secondary fuel containment system.. next is install the ice bits on the excavator...dig a ditch...install the hydronic coolant piping to the hanger floor...then start on the wings..

Post Thanks / Like

Come on mark, heat is overrated and just turns everything to mud!Hard to tell what kind of spring we are going to have. Still better then 36" of ice on the big lakes and likly more on the ponds. Too thick to drill through mine.Rocket