Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Panel! (Pictures)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Show Us Your Panel! (Pictures)

Man, that's nice!!!!
    Jim Kirkendall "Knowledge is good."

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, did you have a new panel fabricated or just clean up the old one? Please let us know what you did to get that look. That's what I'm looking to do, eventually.
    Jim Kirkendall "Knowledge is good."

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys, Thanks so much for the kind words.
    I bought the panel blank from Clyde Smith and added the bottom sub panel along with cutting the instrument holes. Primed and painted with PPG Concept. I have also replaced all the old wiring and the stock switches and breakers in the Pacer. I now have the start position on the mag. switch.
    Even though the panel picture has the horiz. in it that will be replaced. I plan on installing the Dynon D2 Pocket Panel. My plan is to get rid of the Vac. system along with the Horz. and DG. I have an elect. T&B and I feel along with the Dynon that will be plenty if I happen to get caught in a BAD situation. I have flown in a lot of scary stuff in my Starduster that I should not have with just a needle, ball and airspeed.
    Just to old to be doing IFR in a Pacer. They are a FUN plane and should be looked at that way IMHO. But have the means to get out of an OHHHHHHHHH Sh!t situation.
    With all the new wizzzzz bang stuff on the market at a good price. It makes flying a lot more easier and fun.
    Yea I still draw the black line on the sectional as always.

Now let me add a little advertising. The lettering you see on the Panel came from AeroGraphics. They are beautiful and the cost was $30.00. The letters are individual letters so you don't get the background crap like most lettering. They come mounted on a 3M peel off card and are very easy to install. I also used AeroGraphics for the N numbers and the Piper Logo. Very happy with them.

Thanks again Guys,
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Labels done...last thing is the cut out cover....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

piperrocks2013

Here is the Panels I did on both of my 55 Pa22 planes

s

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very clean and nice looking. I like the yoke bushings. Did you make those?
    Craig

piperrocks2013

Quote Originally Posted by flying bee View Post
    Very clean and nice looking. I like the yoke bushings. Did you make those?
    Thanks for the compliment
    I never made the yoke bushings personally. I had a friend with a Lathe make me couple up from there chunks of Teflon.

Jared

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, your panel looks great. I apologize in advance for all the questions I'm going to ask this group. I'm new to the group as of yesterday and don't officially own a short wing yet. I just signed a purchase agreement on a 1956 PA-22 located in Montana, getting escrow account established, etc. I'm in California and haven't seen the plane in person.
    I'm a new student pilot. A pilot friend and myself are planning to go get it and bring it home in the next few weeks. Here's the panel in it.Cockpit.jpg So, I'm curious as to what really functional piece of avionics you would recommend I put in that hole? What is a 'standard-6' layout? What is EI instrument sizing?

Thanks for the input.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats. Depends on your mission. I have a good com and portable GPS. I plan to add a transponder so I can go to the big city. The EI instruments are 2 1/4" except the CGR engine monitor which is 3 1/8"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subsonic View Post
    So, I'm curious as to what really functional piece of avionics you would recommend I put in that hole? What is a 'standard-6' layout? What is EI instrument sizing?
    I would install a moving map of sorts, like the iFly or an iPad mini, both sizes are wider than the 6.25 hole you have, but having it lay on top of the panel it should work.

A standard 6 pack is an IFR standard layout of flight instruments, (you can see my layout), 3 instruments along the top and 3 along the bottom. This should be the lineup:

Airspeed-AS, Artificial Horizon-AH, Altimeter,

Turn&Bank-TB, Directional Gyro-DG, Vertical Speed-VS

Peter Lubig
    Attached Images Attached Images