Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thread: PA20 Float rigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default PA20 Float rigging

Hello

Im getting ready to install the Edo 2000 floats on my PA20 but first I need to fabricate the struts from the floats to the airplane. Im hoping that someone on here may know or have the ability to measure the struts so that I know what lengths to make them?

Thanks

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PA20 Float rigging

Ken more has all the drawings. https://www.kenmoreairharbor.com/upl..._airplanes.pdfIs the parts list. Last set I needed cost $195. Your mileage may vary.

Post Thanks / Like

the floats I have came off a champ...Im wondering how close they will be to the same. I call kenmore in the AM Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Fuselage on the champ is a lot narrower, so I would guess very little of the rigging will be the same. Pull down the parts sheet for both the Pacer and Citabria and compare parts.

Post Thanks / Like

Talk with Keith Strange at PK. He might be able to help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t forget that on the PA-20 (at least early ones) you need to install the reinforcing channel over the tube that goes between the rear float fittings. You can eliminate that if you replace the 5/8x .035 wall tube with 1 1/8 x .049 tube like the later TriPacers had. That also gives you reasonable structure to attach a center seat belt attach if you carry anyone in the back seat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The SWPC CD has the drawings for the 89-2000 installed on the PA20-135, PA 22-135 and 150. The Drawing is 16270. Earl Dodge Osborne, Long island NY. 1955. The front cross bar is 51 3/4" measured pin to pin center. The rear is 50 3/4" pin center.

The reinforcing channel is only used on lower serial numbers acft. and only for the 89-1650 floats. A few years ago I found the seaplane vents. Made drawings so they can be locally fabricated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Vagabondblues; 03-23-2022 at 04:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Kenmoor does not sell the drawing with the strut lengths for obvious reasons.

Peck aero has has all your answers and will cut up come nice 'experimental' struts and pulls and wires etc for a fair price.

Ed Peck: 1 (902) 467-3333

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabondblues View Post
    The SWPC CD has the drawings for the 89-2000 installed on the PA20-135, PA 22-135 and 150. The Drawing is 16270. Earl Dodge Osborne, Long island NY. 1955. The front cross bar is 51 3/4" measured pin to pin center. The rear is 50 3/4" pin center.

The reinforcing channel is only used on lower serial numbers acft. and only for the 89-1650 floats. A few years ago I found the seaplane vents. Made drawings so they can be locally fabricated.

hmm, is that lip the same as on the bottom of the pacer cowl? Just curious.

rocket