Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: ADSB-Out . . Creeping toward 2020

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ADSB-Out . . Creeping toward 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    I waited a day and the forcast changed. Typical Texas.
    Attachment 14628
    Now, if the place only had trees.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Now, if the place only had trees.
    We have lots of trees, they just aren't very tall.
    IMG_20181209_161550.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious,
    on the error report, what kind of detail you might have...how easy to understand the failure on the report?
    I have a fellow pilot on the field with an experimental tail beacon whose flight failed and he can't quite figure
    out why.

AL

p.s. Those "trees" look like squat bushes

Post Thanks / Like

I failed my first flight. The report came back with items marked in red that were deficient. The second flight report came back that it received no data and the third flight report came back with 0% error on all catagories..That’s good.
    This is all automated. You get the report almost immediately, several minutes, after requesting it.
    Request flight report:
    https://adsbperformance.faa.gov/paprrequest.aspx

AC 20-165B Airworthiness Approval of Automatic Dependent Surveillance - Broadcast OUT Systems spells out the catagories that appear in the PAPR report.
    Last edited by Gilbert Pierce; 01-05-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that info!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a copy of my Passed report. The items in Blue passed. If one of those items failed it will be red instead of blue. See the failed report.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gilbert Pierce; 01-05-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Again, Gilbert, thanks for sharing that. My friend had a red exception.
    We will review AC20-165B

Nothing arrived under my Christmas tree so I will be contacting Steve for the skybeacon.
    I live in Class C airspace and don't see stationing my PA22 outside the airspace 40 miles. Don't see myself moving to
    a more rural area although I have thought about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    As soon as the weather here breaks I will do the Operation Evaluation Flight on my first uAvionix skyBeacon install. Reading through the paperwork took some time and some of the FAA links don't work but it helped that my Dad had been through it already and could answer a few questions. I spoke with uAvionics yeasterday about their sample 337. The FAA say you produce a 337 for the install with a statement about the OEF flight and then a second once the system has passed the OEF. uAvionix paperwork is lacking if you read AFS-360-2017-1. If you have the test equipment to test the installation the flight test is not required. I did asked about the tailBeacon approval and they are expecting it in the next few months. I will make a more detailed post after the test flight.
    Regarding Steve Pierce's post #399, I agree their sample 337 is lacking. Usually with an STC you cite the STC number early in section 8, probably the first line in this case. Also there should be a reference as to whether there are or are not any "Instructions for Continued Airworthiness" for the Alteration.

Started working on my wingtip light today.

REID

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I used uAvionics sample 337 for the installation and added the statement from the FAA example as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Checking your ADSB-OUT
    Copied from SPORTYS. https://ipadpilotnews.com/2019/01/ad...s-performance/

ForeFlight and Stratus

For pilots flying with ForeFlight and a Stratus portable ADS-B receiver, the easiest way to verify the performance of your ADS-B system is by using the Stratus Status menu. As you fly along, Stratus is listening for all kinds of ADS-B transmissions, including your own. So when your ADS-B Out transponder sends out a message, Stratus is one of the first to hear it. ForeFlight packages this information together and displays it right in the app.
    Go to the Maps page in ForeFlight, then tap the gear symbol at the top left. At the bottom of that pop-up menu, you can select Stratus, then scroll down and tap on Ownship ADS-B Out. This screen will show you all kinds of information, from your tail number and pressure altitude to lat/lon and emitter category. In general, green means good here. If in doubt about something you see, take a screenshot and email it to your avionics technician. We know a few avionics shops who use this exact setup on post-installation flights to make sure everything is set up properly before returning the airplane to service. It’s a great diagnostic tool.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gilbert Pierce; 01-10-2019 at 02:52 PM.