Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Website timeout

Post Thanks / Like

Default Website timeout

I frequently find that the website automatically logs me out after, perhaps, 15 minutes. Normally not an issue but not when I am in the middle of writing a private e-mail, go to post, find I have been logged out. Log in again and find all my text for posting has disappeared.

Is there a setting I can change to lengthen the timeout value? Had a look around but couldn't find anything appropriate.

Tony N

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Website timeout

The website has no timeout feature that I am aware of. What Web browser are you using? I will see if SJ might know what is going on.

Post Thanks / Like

I've witnessed this time out myself while replying to a thread. I usually highlight and copy my reply before hitting save, so if I've been logged out, I can log back in and paste my reply into a new reply. A longer time out window would be advantageous for sure.
    Brian
    Monrovia, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What browser are you using Brian?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe it's bowser specific, but I use Safari a lot when posting from home on an IPad. I typically use IE and Crome on my PC's. I've been logged out by both after about 15 minutes or so. Hard to believe but sometimes I spend that long drafting a lengthy reply. John W must have found a way around this.
    Brian
    Monrovia, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So you are not seeing a difference in the time out problem between different browsers or devices?

Post Thanks / Like

Just from memory I've been auto logged out on both PC's and Mac platforms, so it wouldn't be browser specific. I am waiting 15 minutes before saving this reply to see what happens..............
    So again I was auto logged out, however after logging back in my reply automatatically posted.
    Last edited by Brian; 04-12-2015 at 11:13 AM.
    Brian
    Monrovia, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I use Internet Explorer at work (!) and Chrome at home.
    I try to remember to copy my text as I go, due to having lost my postings (prior to posting) before. I thought it was a work thing due to the nature of IE we have to use, but the same thing happens at home with Chrome.

You don't actually know you have been logged out until you hit the "post" button, when you then get the popup about not having permissions to post to the folder, with the login page presented.
    TonyN

Post Thanks / Like

Brian,
    I use the Taptalk app. Haven't encounter auto log out. When replying to a post...if I leave the app....will select all and copy...just in case what I've typed is gone when I get back to it.
    Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I use Chrome on my Apple mini downstairs and IE in my PC upstairs. Never had a time out issue.