Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Original Paint Color / Schemes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Original Paint Color / Schemes

Take a look at the thread I started awhile back. http://www.shortwingpipers.org/forum...torical-photos

I'm fascinated by the original schemes and colors, as well as the individual histories of these planes. Here are a few pics you can find there....these are some of the prizes from my collection.

Hope they help a bit!

Attachment 13099Attachment 13100Attachment 13101

Post Thanks / Like

CPC94
    For some reason, your 3 image links are exploding on my IPad. Where are they located? I might be able to view them there

Post Thanks / Like

51pa22
    Just go to the thread link. All the photos are there. And many more.
    I appreciate the early Pacer (50-51) scheme quite a bit. The simple stripe was a good, handsome call on all of the Piper line in my opinion. That said, I dig the 52-54 schemes as well. On the linked thread you'll notice a few of a 53 PA-20 in its original paint. Good stuff.
    The color slides are gold to me. You really get to see the colors Piper used. It really was a vibrant time. You also see that the gloss was not a wet-look gloss as well. I'm a big advocate of restoring these planes to their original look. They "work." I also dig Max Conrad's blue Pacer. Thats original factory option paint...not special for him (aside from the art on the side etc).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CPC94V View Post
    51pa22
    Just go to the thread link. All the photos are there. And many more.
    I appreciate the early Pacer (50-51) scheme quite a bit. The simple stripe was a good, handsome call on all of the Piper line in my opinion. That said, I dig the 52-54 schemes as well. On the linked thread you'll notice a few of a 53 PA-20 in its original paint. Good stuff.
    The color slides are gold to me. You really get to see the colors Piper used. It really was a vibrant time. You also see that the gloss was not a wet-look gloss as well. I'm a big advocate of restoring these planes to their original look. They "work." I also dig Max Conrad's blue Pacer. Thats original factory option paint...not special for him (aside from the art on the side etc).
    Iím planning on doing my Ď50 in the original scheme once I find out the colours. Definitely fits the style and also nice and simple for amateur painters like me.. no faux maule paint here

Post Thanks / Like

I know this wouldn't be original to the aircraft, and it's probably not even the proper forum to ask this on, but I'll ask anyway...has anyone ever seen the 1959 scheme adapted to a Twin Comanche? It would be neat to have matching airplanes, besides that I love the scheme on our tripacer and get a lot of compliments on it everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Zac
    That would be neet
    Like 3 TriPacers sitting close together in one package!

Post Thanks / Like

That single Comanche in the photo isn't ours, but I saw it at a fly-in a few years back and of course had to park by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk