Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacer bush plane underway!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pacer bush plane underway!

Thank Denny! I will do that. That’s exactly why I left some extra line so I could change things up if needed. I have plenty of space to tuck a few actors inches under the floor till I get it all dialed in then cut it perfect. I thought about going to the bottom of the caliper but was worried about the higher potential of the lone snagging something.

Post Thanks / Like

I redid my panel a couple of years ago and opted for a lower profile PA 16 panelnor I should say it alis actually a PA 22 with minor modification. Anyway, I had several mock ups, wittled it down to one. Layed it out, cut the holes, then threw it away and started again.

I like it so far.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

I would not go to the bottom of the caliper for a few reasons. ( skis, snagging, and air issues) Keep it just like you have it just try to get the loop out. Sometimes sounds simple but issues arise. Do you have welded tabs on the leg that hold the cable low?
    DENNY

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same issue on my Vagabond. Two rudder pedal tabs (port and middle) had cracked welds.
    My welder added weld "stitches" under the tab to improve strength og teh welded joint.
    TonyN

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got the 45 degree brake fittings installed and they worked way better. My motor mount bushings were back ordered until Dec 4th so that slowed me up mounting the motor. Spent a lot of time cleaning my hangar up for the local aviation club’s Christmas dinner this Friday evening. Ordering the Vans baffle kit with rear oil cooler mount tomorrow. Last thing to do for the panel is to order and install the circuit breakers and switches. I am hoping to pick up a Becker transponder this week to match my radio that I bought. Getting closer each day. Still have to hit the paint booth to finish up some small parts.... Atlee Dodge long steps, and touch up on the cowling where we got the paint a little lite.

3815A438-13FD-454A-BF46-E017C9883CB1.jpg4E210049-4779-43A2-8A61-3E3603EE65FE.jpg8750DB9D-D5EB-46FF-BE2D-834788EEC2F9.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SClow303 View Post
    I finally got the 45 degree brake fittings installed and they worked way better. My motor mount bushings were back ordered until Dec 4th so that slowed me up mounting the motor. Spent a lot of time cleaning my hangar up for the local aviation club’s Christmas dinner this Friday evening. Ordering the Vans baffle kit with rear oil cooler mount tomorrow. Last thing to do for the panel is to order and install the circuit breakers and switches. I am hoping to pick up a Becker transponder this week to match my radio that I bought. Getting closer each day. Still have to hit the paint booth to finish up some small parts.... Atlee Dodge long steps, and touch up on the cowling where we got the paint a little lite.

3815A438-13FD-454A-BF46-E017C9883CB1.jpg4E210049-4779-43A2-8A61-3E3603EE65FE.jpg8750DB9D-D5EB-46FF-BE2D-834788EEC2F9.jpg
    I am installing the Vans engine baffle kit currently on my 0320. I also put my oil cooler on the left rear . I made my own support brackets. The project is a puzzle, I am not impressed with the instructions but, I like puzzles. It is an improvement over my original engine baffles.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably more appropriate for a new thread, but Stephen you should show me some pics of how your oil cooler mounts on the rear baffles in relation to its cylinder neighbor. I have a pretty strong theory for why my oil cooling is less than ideal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CamTom12 View Post
    Probably more appropriate for a new thread, but Stephen you should show me some pics of how your oil cooler mounts on the rear baffles in relation to its cylinder neighbor. I have a pretty strong theory for why my oil cooling is less than ideal.
    Since my plane is a Bushmaster, I feel OK to post on this thread. I'll try to remember to get some pictures tomorrow. I have had my oil cooler up against the rear cylinder for a few years and have not had oil cooling issues. The new Van's baffle is lower in the rear so the cooler will set a bit lower. I wonder if that will effect the cooling.

Post Thanks / Like

I look forward to any info and pics that you can provide about the baffle Installation!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see those baffles too