Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New bird just in time for Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Default New bird just in time for Christmas

Just bought this yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New bird just in time for Christmas

Nice plane!

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you. Here is what can be done with an old V Tail.
    http://www.shortwingpipers.org/forum...anza-Make-Over

Post Thanks / Like

I love the way Bonanzas fly. My uncle had a '60 M model. I flew it about 30 hours over a 5 year period. Every time I would fly it it made me want to throw rocks at my Comanche. Great control harmony. Good to see another being loved on.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the enjoyment of driving one of these birds around for a while. I thought it was a really nice cross country platform, It sure climbs well and gets you up out of the turbulence. I found that if you keep your feet on the rudder pedals the ride through turbulence isn't too bad.
    The only thing to be very cautious about is pointing the nose down with power on.....these birds are very slippery and the speed comes up fast.
    Last edited by Pacerfgoe; 12-12-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, the paint under all the dust is 9.5 of 10. I may sand down the metalic brown an do a metalic blue that will harmonize with the copper though. I'm looking for a good deal on the other 430 or 530w and the appropriate cdi other than that the panel will work until I can get the 2 EI round engine multI guages. I had seen your thread a while back and loved it. Forrest this bird has twin yokes and the Lear auto trim so xc work Should be a joy. But I am looking forward to the day when I can rip it out and put in a lighter system compatible with the garmin outputs, unless anyone with advanced know how can tell me how to Coble the ancient Lear and star wars garmin together..... dreaming I know.

Post Thanks / Like

It was parked after a fresh annual the year I got married 1989. We drained fuel, changed tires, removed top plugs, prelubed the jugs, pulled it through 2 dozen times, bled brakes, changed oil lines, put fresh aero Shell in and it fired right up. Its running rough and the P carb is needing a rebuild but the longer it ran the better it got. The electrical seems good other than the main positive cable, but all the lights work. I bought a set of newer seats today to get the adjustability so that should be fun too. I think my cfi is a bit overwhelmed, as he hasn't flown one before, but we have a local cfi with gobs of time in the type to get him up to speed.
    Last edited by rsrguy3; 12-12-2015 at 10:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Cub Junkie, dad had a 250 Comanche when I was little. For so long the Bonanza was the "we're not worthy" plane, think Waynes world. And now this one pops up what a find, the prop cycles and everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In the mid 90s those pressure carbs were about $5K to overhaul. Has it gotten any better?

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't gotten back to the plane since Thursday, it's two hours away and will take another day of work before we can annual it. We'll run the piss out of it then, I'm hoping the fresh 100ll will help clean some of the goo out.