Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me mount my iPad...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help me mount my iPad...

the flypad is a flush mount for the ipad ipad mini and iphone. It has provisions for the backup instruments under the mount.backup.jpgflyPad-19.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

The mount cannot block required instruments. Be careful to block only backup instruments.
    See:
    http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgPolicy.nsf/0/5061f4f15ee9d18986257a28006d7dbc/$FILE/PS-ACE-23-01.pdf

The mount in small airplanes may be installed in the Primary Maximum Field of View(as defined in AC 23.1311-1B) but must not be installed in the Primary Field of View and must not be the primary point of focus.

The attached thumbnail defines the Primary Maximum Field of view and Primary Field of View.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post
    The mount cannot block required instruments. Be careful to block only backup instruments.
    See:
    http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgPolicy.nsf/0/5061f4f15ee9d18986257a28006d7dbc/$FILE/PS-ACE-23-01.pdf

The mount in small airplanes may be installed in the Primary Maximum Field of View(as defined in AC 23.1311-1B) but must not be installed in the Primary Field of View and must not be the primary point of focus.

The attached thumbnail defines the Primary Maximum Field of view and Primary Field of View.
    Wow! Thanks for the reference. I had no idea!

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Go Flight

I had a chance to go to NBAA 2015.

My Go Flight was there, the booth had everything you need for an Ipad.

I was impressed with the quality and it seemed to me a more elegant design than RAM mount, with more adjustability.

They have website but it takes some time to find what you might need. The President of the company was there, and he said to call any time if you need help deciding.

I have one blank instrument hole on the right side of panel and was thinking of mounting the base there. Then since the unit tilts 360 degrees, rotating it out of the way for T/O and landing.

I have not bought one yet, but I have a full size Ipad and I am not that happy with my kneeboard since I occasionally fly IMC and I want the backup EFIS and terrain in view.

http://www.mygoflight.com/ipad-mount-part/

Good luck, Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Go Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfever View Post
    I had a chance to go to NBAA 2015.

My Go Flight was there, the booth had everything you need for an Ipad.

I was impressed with the quality and it seemed to me a more elegant design than RAM mount, with more adjustability.

They have website but it takes some time to find what you might need. The President of the company was there, and he said to call any time if you need help deciding.

I have one blank instrument hole on the right side of panel and was thinking of mounting the base there. Then since the unit tilts 360 degrees, rotating it out of the way for T/O and landing.

I have not bought one yet, but I have a full size Ipad and I am not that happy with my kneeboard since I occasionally fly IMC and I want the backup EFIS and terrain in view.

http://www.mygoflight.com/ipad-mount-part/

Good luck, Steve
    Great reference Steve, I'll take a look. It is my mission to avoid single engine IMC, period. But in marginal/scud having all of the resources readily available is very appealing to me. Thanks. Ed

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

CamTom,

I will head out to the hangar this afternoon and take some pics to post on here. To help give you a sight picture, I am only 5'4 so I have to pull my seat almost to the forward stops in order to reach the pedals. If you are a little taller or longer in the legs I am sure you are further back from the controls so your line of sight may not be as extreme as mine.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Just Re do your panel with a cgr-30 and the fly pad mount like Moyle
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rsrguy3 View Post
    Just Re do your panel with a cgr-30 and the fly pad mount like Moyle
    That is beautiful! Would you mount the radio stack center beneath the panel?

Post Thanks / Like

Use a Becker or trig.... to the left on his you could do it on the right tho. On mine I might just center the Icom over the top.

Post Thanks / Like

Problem with ipads on the knee or yoke is you loose sa. With it properly mounted it's a smaller down glance