Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help me mount my iPad...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help me mount my iPad...

More and more I think Marks install will be the standard for modern non glass, non ifr, and g 1000 panels. It's what I'm saving for.
    Last edited by rsrguy3; 02-05-2016 at 08:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

......... oops
    Last edited by rsrguy3; 02-05-2016 at 07:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rsrguy3 View Post
    ......... oops
    I figured you were simply emphasizing your point. Well taken. I had this very conversation with a friend today, in regards to even portable electronics becoming the standard. There still seems to be a stigma with the examiners in that they will let you take the iPad but you can predict that the batteries will fail right after take off. I think that will pass however. As I understand it, if the iPad or Garmin or whatever you have is up to date the charts are legal and satisfies the requirements. Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Go Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfever View Post
    I had a chance to go to NBAA 2015.

My Go Flight was there, the booth had everything you need for an Ipad.

I was impressed with the quality and it seemed to me a more elegant design than RAM mount, with more adjustability....

I have not bought one yet, but I have a full size Ipad and I am not that happy with my kneeboard since I occasionally fly IMC and I want the backup EFIS and terrain in view.

http://www.mygoflight.com/ipad-mount-part/

Good luck, Steve
    I got the MyGoFlight mount in the mail today. I am very pleased with the product and the quality. I ordered the Flex Yoke Kit and figure I can take advantage of the articulation and clamp it overhead and out of the way, but functional. I also bought the Sport IPhone cradle as a backup. The attractive part of this mount is the quick release for the iPad and the iPhone cases. The mount stays put and only the device holder comes off.

Excellent tip, thank you. I would also offer an endorsement for this product.

Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by efrench View Post
    I got the MyGoFlight mount in the mail today. I am very pleased with the product and the quality. I ordered the Flex Yoke Kit and figure I can take advantage of the articulation and clamp it overhead and out of the way, but functional. I also bought the Sport IPhone cradle as a backup. The attractive part of this mount is the quick release for the iPad and the iPhone cases. The mount stays put and only the device holder comes off.

Excellent tip, thank you. I would also offer an endorsement for this product.

Cheers.
    Great News, EFrench!

How about a photo or 2 of the mount in your Plane when you get it set up, I am very interested. I think you mean Quote: "clamp it overhead and out of the way" that the yoke mount will clamp to the overhead fuselage tube rather than the yoke?

Clamping to the yoke is popular, but I don't like how the added weight "feels" when flying, so not an option for me.

Thanks, Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfever View Post
    Great News, EFrench!

How about a photo or 2 of the mount in your Plane when you get it set up, I am very interested. I think you mean Quote: "clamp it overhead and out of the way" that the yoke mount will clamp to the overhead fuselage tube rather than the yoke?

Clamping to the yoke is popular, but I don't like how the added weight "feels" when flying, so not an option for me.

Thanks, Steve
    Exactly! In a place that is easy to view but out of the view, if that makes sense.

I am so ready to begin the journey and will definitely post some pictures. Looking at the current weather situation however it is looking like mid-March at this point...

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmoyle View Post
    A buddy of mine flys with a full size iPad (with the cellular connection iPad has a built in GPS) running Garmin pilot. It covers his six pack. Flew his pacer from Wisconsin to Alaska...not once did he pull the iPad to use his instruments.
    I'm tempted to do this. With the stratus in the plane i can have an AI and all the information i need on the ipad. The only issue i have is the GPS altitude is sometimes off by several hundred feet. I had ATC verify what they saw and my altimeter was correct and the GPS was off. I assume it has to do with pressure.

Other than that, i have no real need for the instruments. indicated airspeed is nice to glance at on take off and final. But i usually just look at it once each time. After that i'm more interested in my ground speed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by efrench View Post
    There still seems to be a stigma with the examiners in that they will let you take the iPad but you can predict that the batteries will fail right after take off. I think that will pass however. As I understand it, if the iPad or Garmin or whatever you have is up to date the charts are legal and satisfies the requirements. Cheers.
    It would not be likely for both of my ipads and my iphone, with 3 EFBs on each to all fail at the same time. Also. on long trips I take a solar charger.

If i was on a checkride and the DPE failed all of them, we'd be having some words and i'd likely find a new DPE. Its a fundamental lack of understanding technology. Yeah, 1 device can fail, or 1 application across all the devices. but it is unlikely 9 things all failing at the same moment. And with an alternative power source (in case the alternator or plug fails) power shouldn't be an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

MyGoFlight recently released a rail-mount kit for iPad and other tablets. It is intended for clamping to the sunshield rails in larger aircraft but it works perfectly on the windshield V-braces in my PA-22. There is a great deal of flexibility as to where to position the device; and it is very quick to re-position. The mounting arm itself is made to high standards and the attachment of iPad case to arm is brilliant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vas View Post
    MyGoFlight recently released a rail-mount kit for iPad and other tablets. It is intended for clamping to the sunshield rails in larger aircraft but it works perfectly on the windshield V-braces in my PA-22. There is a great deal of flexibility as to where to position the device; and it is very quick to re-position. The mounting arm itself is made to high standards and the attachment of iPad case to arm is brilliant.

Have a link and picture of how you have it mounted?