Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wing goes round and round

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wing goes round and round

My other aircraft is a VW powered KB-2.
    Finished it about 3 years ago and have about 75 hours on it now.
    It is a blast and gets lots of attention.DSCN7219.jpg

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wing goes round and round

Looks like fun!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure yours flies better than my Benson gyrocopter pulled by my dads pick up untill I got a motor

Post Thanks / Like

I flew a Breezy one time and discovered something about myself that I didn't know. I have acrophobia!! I discovered it about 300 feet off the ground, and wanted nothing more than to be on the ground NOW!! I made a 90 to the left and a 270 to the right and landed downwind on the runway I had just taken off from. I have never attempted to fly another airplane that doesn't have a covered fuselage.

Cheers,
    Chuck Gruby
    Last edited by CGruby; 02-22-2016 at 07:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I looped one once and that was not my smartest move now how I learned what it meant to hang by the belt young and stupid

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CGruby View Post
    I flew a Breezy one time and discovered something about myself that I didn't know. I have acrophobia!! I discovered it about 300 feet off the ground, and wanted nothing more than to be on the ground NOW!! I made a 90 to the left and a 270 to the right and landed downwind on the runway I had just take off from. I have never attempted to fly another airplane that doesn't have a covered fuselage.

Cheers,
    Chuck Gruby
    Me too, when I got above the horizon in a Breeze I had the exaact same feeling. I landed on a crosswind runway. I have no desire to fly another one.

Post Thanks / Like

I rode in a paraplane trike once. Kind of like sitting on a bar stool 500' up. Would do it again. Kind of like having a BRS all ready deployed just in case.
    -Super Stub-

Post Thanks / Like

My Brezzy experience came in the '80's when a local friend built one from what he calls "hangar scraps". It was the standard brezzy fuselage with cessna 120 wings. He took me for a ride and I thought it was pretty exciting but not enough to go a second time. It was not near as good of flyer as one with cub style airfoil. Gyro copters have always interested me. I wouldn't mind building one. When don't want your gyro copter anymore just land it on the Capitol building lawn, they'll dispose of it for you.

piperrocks2013

Quote Originally Posted by Cub Junkie View Post
    My Brezzy experience came in the '80's when a local friend built one from what he calls "hangar scraps". It was the standard brezzy fuselage with cessna 120 wings. He took me for a ride and I thought it was pretty exciting but not enough to go a second time. It was not near as good of flyer as one with cub style airfoil. Gyro copters have always interested me. I wouldn't mind building one. When don't want your gyro copter anymore just land it on the Capitol building lawn, they'll dispose of it for you.
    I flew a LazAir a couple times. Remember the pilot that taken me out to fly it. I was holding the main vertical beam (least that's the way I remember it) and was nervous as hell as he took off down the gravel road... After getting airborne he could tell I was having second thoughts about this whole idea so he lets go of the controls and th nose starts going down... He yells it's all yours. Want to talk about somebody that was holding the plane like a teddy bear let go and grabbed the controls. I flew it for a few hours. But I couldn't get use to landing the damn thing.... You sit low to the ground and the flair out so rushes up to you.. Regular pilots like myself have tendency of flaring to high.... My engineer did and ended up in pieces on the runway luckily was not hurt. Flew a more advanced Challenger 2 Ultralight for 5 hrs on floats. All I have to say what a piece of ****. Every flight I landed I say a prey..... I would fly a rusted out timed out engine J3 with a fuel leak Around a broken exhaust before I fly a C2 again!!! All leave it at that.

Jared
    Last edited by piperrocks2013; 02-21-2016 at 11:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

"Little Nellie" Where are the rocket launchers?