Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: PA-20 project or run?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PA-20 project or run?

Quote Originally Posted by dgapilot View Post
    Don’t look to have anything fromFAA until the shut down is over!

The last airplane one of my clients went through this with, they wanted the airplane assembled and complete. They sent an inspector out after he sent his pictures in. They wanted it in”ready to fly” condition. Your mileage may vary. You may want to read up on Order 8100.19, the new order on “Destroyed and scrapped aircraft”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, that's a good read. basically it said the registry office is not to re-register an aircraft that has been destroyed/scrapped unless a repair process has been submitted and in coordination with a FSDO/ACO. Also note an aircraft that had all it's primary structures (fuselage, both wings) destroyed beyond repair then it's not eligible because that is total replacement, one primary structure that's identifiable must remain. So I should be OK as I have the not destroyed fuselage with the original serial number and data plate. The next step will be interesting as to the level of FSDO involvement.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PA-20 project or run?

Quote Originally Posted by MWflyer View Post
    Do you know if that O-290D. Is still out there or for sale?
    Not sure, I will bet out there in the next few weeks and will look around though.