Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airport Courtesy Cars Phone App & Website

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Airport Courtesy Cars Phone App & Website

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Weidner View Post
    Did something happen to this app? It shows as unavailable now. I was planning a trip and looking forward to using the app for it. It must have been too much hassle to maintain the app?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Zac, I spent several months trying to get out the word that I would be web based only for several reasons. Lots of complaints from Android users about permissions (which I had no control over), bugs, crashes, not to mention high costs which I could not afford. The web version has the exact same content, just bookmark it on your device, and it works just like an app. There is another key point, now it works on ANY device, not just the major ones. These are the reasons I discontinued the app version last year. Hope that answers your question. Glenn

PS, I just finished an upgrade (in case you didn't notice) of all 1,800+ listings. If you click on the blue airport ID it will take you the the Air Nav page for the airport. There are now about 100 current MOGAS listings on the site. Please share with your pilot buddies who might use the site. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is not working either.
    Use AirNav.com. They list in their airport data if courtesy cars are available plus other amenities such as restaurants etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Pierce View Post
    Mine is not working either.
    Use AirNav.com. They list in their airport data if courtesy cars are available plus other amenities such as restaurants etc.
    Like I said above, the website has the same info, just bookmark it on your phone or whatever. I should have given you the address, it is: www.airportcourtesycars.com And as far as AirNav, I have dozens, if not hundreds of more listings than there. Hope that helps. Glenn

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Glenn, I found the website. It works just as well as the app for my purposes. It’s a nice service to have available when planning a stop or destination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Weidner View Post
    Thanks Glenn, I found the website. It works just as well as the app for my purposes. It’s a nice service to have available when planning a stop or destination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Zac!