Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Want To Own a Short Wing Piper? The Pre-Purchase Inspection

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: So You Think You Want To Own a Short Wing Piper? The Pre-Purchase Inspection

Quote Originally Posted by pa20 View Post
    Done, and done, Dan!
    I'm still seeing this error when I try to send you my phone number. You're a popular guy!

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 9.15.51 AM.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: So You Think You Want To Own a Short Wing Piper? The Pre-Purchase Inspection

Quote Originally Posted by DanPatey View Post
    I'm still seeing this error when I try to send you my phone number. You're a popular guy!

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 9.15.51 AM.jpg
    I think I figured out the real reason. Try it again!
    Mark Ohlau
    PA-20 N7744K 2023 Donation Paid

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanPatey View Post
    Switching gears (slightly) and looking at a PA-22 up near Sacramento.

pa20 can you clear out your Private Messages so I can send you my info, I'd like to chat airplanes with ya!
    clippedwing I might be able to swing out to Chino the next few weeks and give you some gas money for ride if you're interested.

It looks like I might not be able to get aircraft records / 337 paperwork from the FAA until this shutdown ends?
    PM me anytime!

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

So glad I read all that, if I remember half of that stuff I will be a much better buyer, thank you!

Larry.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck in your search!
    If you stick to the main points of the thread you will do fine and find the plane that is right for you!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!!! I feel like a ding-dong in that I can’t seem to find the traditional “introduce yourself” thread, and I feel it must be right in front of me or non-existent...But tomorrow I am going to look at the first one that *seems* to check the right boxes...fingers crossed...But I have learned volumes from just reading all that you guys know, and I’ll have this list handy. I also will try to stay realistic that there is no such thing as The Perfect Pacer when you shop in my price range. ����

Post Thanks / Like

Cool another SoCal pilot. Let us know how the first-look goes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by twoeleven View Post
    Thanks!!! I feel like a ding-dong in that I can’t seem to find the traditional “introduce yourself” thread, and I feel it must be right in front of me or non-existent...But tomorrow I am going to look at the first one that *seems* to check the right boxes...fingers crossed...But I have learned volumes from just reading all that you guys know, and I’ll have this list handy. I also will try to stay realistic that there is no such thing as The Perfect Pacer when you shop in my price range. ����
    I guess we really don't have an "Introduce Yourself" thread. To be honest I never thought about it till you mentioned it. Some start such a thread when they join and some just start posting and we get to know each other through those posts. Good luck on your inspection. Glad to see such a Southern Cal contingent.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been lurking here and elsewhere for the past year+ as I absentmindedly looked for a plane to fit my mission, however, I really hope to make 2019 the year I actually acquire my first aircraft. The tailwheel Pacer ticks all the boxes for me and Ive been soaking up this pre-buy guide as I continue to refine my search.

I have 3k+ hrs pretty much all in turbine ME aircraft with only ~100hrs flying GA years ago so this whole low and slow thing is quite a new experience. I flew a BC12D Taylorcraft last fall and knew I had to have a tailwheel. My home airport is at 6400msl and sees 90+F in the summer so my target aircraft would be of the 150hp variety and VGs would be among the first mods if not already installed. Unfortunately there are no grass strips I am aware of in AZ, a handful of dirt strips, so routine pavement ops in a short coupled tailwheel has had me a bit nervous as I researched other planes, a straight tail 182 is still a strong contender but $$$.

Anyway, learning continues...cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Humans have been flying Short wings for 70 plus years so I bet you can do it as well. Lots of amazing areas around you to explore.
    20171017_105439.jpg

20171017_152942.jpg