Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Want To Own a Short Wing Piper? The Pre-Purchase Inspection

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: So You Think You Want To Own a Short Wing Piper? The Pre-Purchase Inspection

Thanks, Homer. It made your tale much more interesting to have some idea what the issue is.
    Mark Ohlau
    PA-20 N7744K 2023 Donation Paid

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: So You Think You Want To Own a Short Wing Piper? The Pre-Purchase Inspection

Quote Originally Posted by pa20 View Post
    Thanks, Homer. It made your tale much more interesting to have some idea what the issue is.
    Well I apologize for my "TALE" not being interesting. I apologize for posting something that appeared to be a "TALE". It is far from a "TALE", and I have put a lot of pro-bono time and effort into it to help the Gentleman out rather than just tell him "tough luck, you are grounded".

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Some of us just like the dirty details. Good job spotting the descrepency. It amazes me some of the unscrupulous things people do.

Post Thanks / Like

Relax Homer!
    We LOVE your "tales" and by that, I am certain you are describing the truth. Keep that info coming!

I learn from it all and I LOVE to learn from others' mistakes. So much easier than my own!

Post Thanks / Like

to note ( and a little off the buy topic ), I even send for the CD when I am selling someones aircraft just to assure the records are in order.
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

I order the CD before I start a pre-buy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Some of us just like the dirty details. Good job spotting the descrepency. It amazes me some of the unscrupulous things people do.
    I know, but I am trying to keep a lid on this. This is one of those things we talked about in another thread where if not handled properly will only end up with a couple of Lawyers driving Lambourginis before it gets resolved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Landreth View Post
    Well I apologize for my "TALE" not being interesting. I apologize for posting something that appeared to be a "TALE". It is far from a "TALE", and I have put a lot of pro-bono time and effort into it to help the Gentleman out rather than just tell him "tough luck, you are grounded".
    It was a "tale"! I looked up the definition to be sure as I am aware that there are several definitions. Here is definition #1..a narrative that relates the details of some real or imaginary event, incident, or case; story:
    a tale about Lincoln's dog.
    Unfortunately, you chose to go with another!
    I had several thoughts after reading your initial account, and the follow up info that I asked you to post, e.g.: 1. how could somebody do that and get away with it for so long? 2. I saluted you for your experience and knowledge to be able to catch something like that, and also to follow up with the appropriate people!
    I really apologize if I ticked you off with my selection of nouns. It was actually meant as a compliment, and with my thanks for sharing on this forum. In the future I will be much more careful to assure that there can be no misconstruing of my statements!
    Now, back to the original topic please!
    Mark Ohlau
    PA-20 N7744K 2023 Donation Paid

Post Thanks / Like

I found an engine crank AD that was never done for 9 years on a twin, it was signed off 9 times by different mechanics!!! I didn't play that sweet talk by the owner either, those engines came off...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I think a little bit of TAIL would do all of you/us some good