Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blanton stretch pacer purchase advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Blanton stretch pacer purchase advice

Quote Originally Posted by THE MACHINIST View Post
    Thank you all for your knowledge this is pretty new to me having only done one homebuilt before.
    Does anyone know someone qualified I could hire in the area to do a pre-buy inspection?

thanks again

jamie
    I don't know anyone specifically but, you might review the Blanton plans first. I believe there is some reinforcing done on the spar more than the spar splice. I would check to see that it was done. Then review the welds for the fuselage extension and landing gear hopefully they all look professional. Otherwise, anyone who knows fabric Piper aircraft would do.

I would expect this is going for a good price to your reflecting the work needed to get it flying. The engine will not be cheap. Since Blanton keeps the Pacer struts, check to see if they were upgraded to sealed which would be nice but, not required for experimental.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Blanton stretch pacer purchase advice

The plane is located in Petersburg, MI 49270 and I am in Sandpoint Idaho 2000 miles away. I would love to check it out myself but it's not feasible for me to drive or fly there then come back home and go back if it checks out financially or time wiseI also don't trust myself to be sure of what I'm looking at. That's why I was hoping to get a referral here. One nice thing the builder did put a partial Fiberglas bottom on it. he said to each access to the radiator that's no longer there now but should make inspection Of the tubing easier.

thanks again

jamie