Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Platinum Pacer Wings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Platinum Pacer Wings

Wings arrived today on Ryan Air Cargo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Those took quite a while to arrive....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd hate to know what the shipping was on that. What is the delivery airplane?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Casa 212, I think

Post Thanks / Like

NAAAAAAAAAA Looks like one of those USPS Priority Mail Boxes.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought you built a set of wings there at Platinum?

Post Thanks / Like

Yup.... Thing is....they ain’t legal... and life got in the way...over the past 2-1/2 years....I’ve busted both hands, then busted my right foot...thought it was a sprain...three months of barley able to walk got an CT scan...it showed the fracture and X-ray did not. It still painful after an hour on my feet. Then thought I had a heart attack when I was muscling a generator into position...never hold your breath and push with all your might...that’ll squeeze off blood flow to the heart. Every wonder why an elder died sitting on the toilet?

Two echocardiogram’s and a stress test...Cardiologist says I’m in great shape for my age..no issues other than blood pressure...I’ve always been between 130-140 over 80-90. They say 130 is to high now ah days. So at nearly 60...I’m now taking a pill every day.

I haven’t taken the Boeing engineer up on his offer to do the engineering documentation to make the FAA happy.... and Eddie Trimmer has told me repeatedly to buy a set of legal wings....when he get the stc...I’ll have a set of wings ready to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmoyle View Post
    Yup.... Thing is....they ain’t legal... and life got in the way...over the past 2-1/2 years....I’ve busted both hands, then busted my right foot...thought it was a sprain...three months of barley able to walk got an CT scan...it showed the fracture and X-ray did not. It still painful after an hour on my feet. Then thought I had a heart attack when I was muscling a generator into position...never hold your breath and push with all your might...that’ll squeeze off blood flow to the heart. Every wonder why an elder died sitting on the toilet?

Two echocardiogram’s and a stress test...Cardiologist says I’m in great shape for my age..no issues other than blood pressure...I’ve always been between 130-140 over 80-90. They say 130 is to high now ah days. So at nearly 60...I’m now taking a pill every day.

I haven’t taken the Boeing engineer up on his offer to do the engineering documentation to make the FAA happy.... and Eddie Trimmer has told me repeatedly to buy a set of legal wings....when he get the stc...I’ll have a set of wings ready to go.

I’d be more than willing to strap those things on my experimental Pacer .

Post Thanks / Like

Haven’t received the bill yet. Was right at 400 pounds when I dropped off the crate. Then it was weather tested.....gained 80 pounds of water weight..the quarter inch plywood...really cheap chit...and didn’t weigh much..until it was soaked... hope they charge me by the pound...not by the cube.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark,

I’ve been waiting for Eddie’s wing STC for quite a while too. You seem to have the most recent info on the progress. Do you expect the STC to eventually be approved?