Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Platinum Pacer Wings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Platinum Pacer Wings

Yup. In 2007 I bought the old Platinum Commercial Company grocery store to convert into a shop for building the Bearhawk...then the Pacer...discovered I owned the post office and electric utility. Thought I was just getting the store...had one hell of a mess to clean up. The powerhouse was built in 1935..... Many years of.... Two years of jumping through hoops to obtain the utility license....funny how the license wasn't needed for nearly 80 years....should add...the utility is leased to the city...I don't profit from it....other than waste heat from the generators and 500 kWh per month...after that 50% of the commercial rate.

Industry: Platinum didn't exist until the early 30's. Platinum was discovered in 1926. Commercial mining began in 1934. The Mine ran continuously until 1976. Sold to Hanson Industries in 1979. Hanson tried to make a go of it...lost his arse. I got the mine in 1993... Let it go in 2002 when the precious metals market was in the sewer. Hanson tried again...lost his butt...then sold it to XS Platinum...they went bankrupt. Hanson is still trying to sell it....and will not take what I'm offering. Knik Construction, a subsidiary of Lyden, has a gravel crushing operation here...they probably ship via barge 200k tons of gravel per year...at $70 a yard. 9 years ago the man I bought PC Co from, John Nelson. He and I started a salmon processing plant....planning stages....CVRF became involved. Went from a $2 million dollar project to $44.6 million dollar state of the art fish processing plant. The fish plant operated for 5 years at a loss. Didn't open this year...will not next year. CVRF also borrowed $33 million for fish processing ships, tenders and barges...those have been sold... Hopefully CVRF will sell the plant for a reasonable sum... John and my idea was to put folks back to work exploiting the inshore and off shore natural resources...salmon, crab, pollock, halibut and herring. Hasn't worked yet.. Next on my list is to establish a port authority...build a real dock....push for crab...and a new fish plant operator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mmoyle; 10-23-2016 at 01:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Platinum Pacer Wings

Old powerhouse

Post Thanks / Like

Reopened the grocery store three years ago...that put the Arviq out of business...

Post Thanks / Like

Spray foam insulation

Post Thanks / Like

Quite ambitious, you really do have the energy many of us don''t
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you for the info about where you live..very interesting..looks like you are a busy man..hope you can put a little time aside to do some flying and fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark or should I say Mayor,
    I've not been on here in a while. Just saying. I love the thread title "Platinum Pacer Wings"!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Platinum Pacer Wings

Fish'n Got'a make time for that. Here's Kent White of TM technologies...first silver salmon.
    Das Boot.... la lancha...200 hp etech jet
    A few silvers on the Goodnews River

Last edited by mmoyle; 10-23-2016 at 04:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Spray foam in the hanger today...one set down...three to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Impressive