Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Platinum Pacer Wings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Platinum Pacer Wings

The reinforcing seems to be inboard of the strut attachment. I had calculated the reinforcing if needed should be through the strut attachment. I'm sure Trimmer's engineer has it figured. When I was working on this modification I went over to Cub Crafters to see how they reinforced the spar. Interestingly, they did not use a plate. They went with a lighter angled strip riveted to the spar. Early on Eddie told me that closing in the leading edge "D" section outboard who work for strengthening. When I did the wings on my Bmaster those ended up being quite strong. I suspect Eddie wing will be very strong also.

Nice looking heated pitot tube mod.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you and Yup... the reinforcement goes through the strut attachment. Same location as the stock angle and flat bar reinforcement but is 8 longer...
    Just finished the pitot tube/system installation.. if ever it should leak... all the tubing is accessible and replaceable with the tank cover removed.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Platinum Pacer Wings

Deleted.......
    Last edited by mmoyle; 03-09-2018 at 08:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark:

How did you print on your shrink wrap? I'd like to do something similar for wiring harnesses but haven't come up with a good idea other than the "wrap-on" labels.

Best regards,

Todd
    Todd Loes -- Waterloo, IA
    (PA22-150 N3568Z)

Post Thanks / Like