Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Platinum Pacer Wings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Platinum Pacer Wings

Referring to the bad engine vibration that precipitated the engine tear down...

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to read about your ankle....hope all is OK with that. It sure seems like you have your hands full trying to keep the power on in your community !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfgoe View Post
    Sorry to read about your ankle....hope all is OK with that. It sure seems like you have your hands full trying to keep the power on in your community !
    Thanks,
    At some point we’ll get the issues resolved... much of it I now believe is fuel related. Next year I’ll order number 2 ultralow sulfur diesel, add antigel and reroute the fuel return from the engines to the main bulk tank...heat tapes and insulation on the fuel lines....maybe a quartz heater in the fuel tank?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Mark,
    It is JUST unbelievable what you have had to go though.
    Keep up the outstanding work and stay HEALTHY. We need to see that Ole Pacer in the AIR.

Post Thanks / Like

Its rough sometimes isn't it? I'm bummed to hear your having to cope on so many levels. Me, I just had my 3rd back surgery, the doc says it went great, and that I'll be experiencing nerve pain for a month or more....yippee. Anyway no building for me this month.. and I have a seabee resto on it's way here.

Post Thanks / Like

Wing crate ready for a set of PA20 12 rib wings... setting aside the Trimmer wings until I can make the. Legal or Eddie gets the STC...
    Will clad the crate with 1/4” plywood..add lifting handles for three men and a fat boy...then deliver to Ryan Air Cargo to transport to Platinum...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmoyle View Post
    Wing crate ready for a set of PA20 12 rib wings... setting aside the Trimmer wings until I can make the. Legal or Eddie gets the STC...
    Will clad the crate with 1/4” plywood..add lifting handles for three men and a fat boy...then deliver to Ryan Air Cargo to transport to Platinum...

You can ship them to me and I’ll let you know how they do

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmoyle View Post

Were you able to buy the wings from 5741D?

Sent from my iPad using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flynfish View Post
    Were you able to buy the wings from 5741D?

Sent from my iPad using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app
    I’m not sure what the tail number was....haven’t got a copy of the log book entry pertaining to the wing/cover job. This was a project the fabricman....Marv bought years ago. Might see Marv in a couple days when he comes into Anchorage..hauling the empty wing crate to Ryan Air tomorrow to see if it’ll fit into the Casa..and get some advise from the cargo handlers to figure out where to install handles to make loading and unloading easier....and find out how much of the crate needs to be covered with plywood...plan on loading against one side of the Casa...then they’ll likely stuff the remaining space with bypass mail. This be Marv’s moose out of Saint Mary’s last year. And Marv...helping me build the powerhouse.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Platinum Pacer Wings

Dropped off the wings yesterday at Ryan Air Cargo. Crate weights around 400 pounds..three of us..strip of plywood and a creeper to load off load. Fabricated self storing handles on both ends. Michael Brown chief pilot for Ryan asked me as we unloaded the crate... you don’t do anything half arse do you...made me wonder...how else does one ship wings? Last pic..son in law..journeyman diesel mechanic..super guy...named Guy.

Last edited by mmoyle; 04-03-2019 at 12:16 PM.