Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Aircraft in Canada

piperrocks2013

Default Aircraft in Canada

Good Morning, has anyone noticed that airplane "for sale" seem to be quite down in the last two years?? Maybe we have lots of active pilots??" I hardly any Pa 22's, Cessna's even Stinsons. for sale between Kijjii, Copa, Western Producer and Trade A plane. Doesn't seem to be much out there for planes under 50k. Just curious what your thoughts are.

Jared

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Aircraft in Canada

There seems to be limited interest in our older aircraft types by the younger crowd. I think they (the younger ones) are more dazzled by the glass cockpit type of aircraft out there.
    As for planes for sale....why sell it if your going to loose your shirt.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought there have been a lot more short wings advertised in Barnstormers in the last 6-8 mos
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

Somewhat off this specific topic, but as regards Shortwings in Canada, does anyone have any thoughts about how easy versus difficult it might be to purchase a plane in Canada and then register it in the U.S.? I've been looking at Barnstormers and Trade-A-Plane for the last year and do see what look like nice planes (I am looking at TriPacers only) in Canada and as I'm in California and most TriPacers listed in the U.S. are back East anyway, a trip to Canada doesn't seem too much further. I'd imagine that I'd definitely want to stay away from an "owner maintained" plane, but how about a "normal" certified TriPacer?

Post Thanks / Like

Not that big of deal to import a US built airplane back into the US.
    I can give details on importing my Fleet Canuck.
    Dave