Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 12th Annual Seminar in 2017?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 12th Annual Seminar in 2017?

OK, Here is my challenge to all of you heath nuts, what is a "square" meal. Also please remember doctors only admit to practicing medicine, and not too many years ago the answer was to bleed about a quart of blood out of you.

Post Thanks / Like

Square

• a substantial, satisfying, and balanced meal.
    • And wont raise your cholesterol level 25 points!!

Post Thanks / Like

And all this time I thought it was chicken fried steak, smashed taters, cream gravy, and fried okra. Followed up of course by a large bowl of peach cobbler with a very large dollop of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream. That my friends is a "Square" meal. Unfortunately, it makes you look round instead of square.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Rick idea of "square meal". Remember that "Fix guy" died running, of a heart attack.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was in Sweden: a square meal... when asking girlfriend's mom what was for dinner, the answer was always the same: "Matt och potatis." I usually have a second helping of whatever it was for the main meal for my dessert. (Too bad, as my wife is known in our family as a great dessert cook, too. Most of the time, wasted on me...) But yeah, I eat lots of veggies, too. I often tell folks I could be a vegetarian... if I didn't like steak so much!

Steve, I always have my work clothes (and tools) with me! Looks like we'll be leaving here around Feb 23 or so, eventually heading to Ok City & then going south from there. I'll let you know timing when we have a better idea. Rick, it would be great to see you again! (And you guys will get to meet my better (really!) half.)

Gilbert, about those Piper ribs under the metalizing... think "Swiss cheese." Not a lot of metal there to grab onto, and previous people had really made a few messes in there. I'll try to get pics as I go along, but not sure if I want to share them! Could be pretty embarassing.... At this point, and a lot will depend on what we find during our "surgery," I'm hoping to stick with the metal. Time will tell. (And keep in mind, this thing was first metalized in '59, then stripped down, refurbished, & put back together in 2006. Unfortunately, the quality of workmanship wasn't so great on the 2006 job....)
    Last edited by walt.buskey; 01-20-2017 at 06:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rwdurham View Post
    And all this time I thought it was chicken fried steak, smashed taters, cream gravy, and fried okra. Followed up of course by a large bowl of peach cobbler with a very large dollop of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream. That my friends is a "Square" meal. Unfortunately, it makes you look round instead of square.
    Isn't that what everyone has for lunch? Round?

Post Thanks / Like

Rick, I don't have a good email for you, sent you a PM. Looks like we'll be in Graham on or about March 1!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walt.buskey View Post
    Rick, I don't have a good email for you, sent you a PM. Looks like we'll be in Graham on or about March 1!
    I'm due for a trip. I may come up on the 11th for lunch.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that the "1!" or the 11th? If you fly up on the 11th, you'll miss the gathering on the "1!".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwdurham View Post
    Is that the "1!" or the 11th? If you fly up on the 11th, you'll miss the gathering on the "1!".
    I had missed that. Matters not, I'll come March 1, 2017.