Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 12th Annual Seminar in 2017?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 12th Annual Seminar in 2017?

Steve, just wondering if you are going to have a seminar in February. I have vacation the week of February 5th, and I'm hoping I guessed right.

Thanks!
    1957 PA-22/20 "Super Pacer" based 1H0
    Lifetime EAA member
    Vintage Aircraft Association member
    Lifetime EAA Chapter 32 member

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 12th Annual Seminar in 2017?

Hey Jim

Gotta warn you about going to the seminar. Just think about it- what's there other than Great people, good food, fellowship. a whole bunch of learning and possibly some flying.

I was thinkin' you could come here instead and enjoy the Canadian Prairie winter, freeze some body parts and be wander around in an unheated hangar. I could put in a store of Kraft Dinner, and cold porridge. for a treat we could have some tube steaks.....

just sayin'

Shane-o

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jim, I am kinda on the fence but gotta jump off one way or another. I am solo now with no employees and am covered up with two rebuilds and then my usual maintenance and annual inspections. If I do it it will be Feb 4-10th. Will let you know shortly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Jim, I am kinda on the fence but gotta jump off one way or another. I am solo now with no employees and am covered up with two rebuilds and then my usual maintenance and annual inspections. If I do it it will be Feb 4-10th. Will let you know shortly.
    I completely understand Steve, you have skills that are becoming hard to find in somebody under the age of 80 or so.

That is the week I have vacation, so I'd be planning/attempting to come down with the Pacer. Of course I have stuff I want to do but nothing major right now. Mark Williams up in Iowa (a Stewart Systems distributor) is finishing the paint work I haven't been able to get to. I still need to do shoulder harnesses, install the B&C filter adapter I have sitting here, and probably an ABI tailspring.

I'll be watching for your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by gliderman View Post
    Hey Jim

Gotta warn you about going to the seminar. Just think about it- what's there other than Great people, good food, fellowship. a whole bunch of learning and possibly some flying.

I was thinkin' you could come here instead and enjoy the Canadian Prairie winter, freeze some body parts and be wander around in an unheated hangar. I could put in a store of Kraft Dinner, and cold porridge. for a treat we could have some tube steaks.....

just sayin'

Shane-o
    Shane, if I could hold a YYC weekend I'd be there, can't seem to get one any more. It must be that warm Canadian hospitality!
    1957 PA-22/20 "Super Pacer" based 1H0
    Lifetime EAA member
    Vintage Aircraft Association member
    Lifetime EAA Chapter 32 member

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Steve,

Sean Gillen here (the guy who had the bent fuselage repair in 2015).
    If you hold the seminar, I'd also like to plan on it...I hope to do a complete wing tear down and rebuild during the week, [and maybe get started on covering?].
    Keep us posted!
    Thanks

SPG1

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hann View Post
    Steve, just wondering if you are going to have a seminar in February. I have vacation the week of February 5th, and I'm hoping I guessed right.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Steve, I'm still working in Iowa but should be done here shortly, would it help if you had a volunteer? I don't need anything worked on, don't have anything that needs to be covered and I don't mind volunteering if it would help you out.

Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Wes, appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Steve -

Any decision on the 2017 Seminar?

Thanks,

Sean Gillen, Arlington

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all - I just heard from Steve, he is *not* going to hold a Restoration Clinic this year, too busy with his regular work.

SPG1

Post Thanks / Like

Very sorry to hear it couldn't happen this year! Now I need to find another way to meet up with Rick, Walt, Speedy, Robert C, Clayton, Greg and all the others I see annually at this event!