Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CFI with Pacer wihin 200 nm of Detroit, MI?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: CFI with Pacer wihin 200 nm of Detroit, MI?

Oliver, I would think there must be someone with a pacer within 50-80 mile drive that could offer you a ride and at least you could see what it did under his hand "in the ground to air and air to ground' transitions. Maybe there would be someone with driving distance that might even let you fly, CFI or not. If I had mine back and you were close, which you are not, I would love to introduce you to the neatest airplane I've ever owned. They will challenge you and at times destroy your ego but the are tameable and once you've shown it you're in control, they will obey.
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

No engine times, but looks promising for the money.
    In buying airplanes, you will always find something in the first year that will needs some money to attend to it, even if it just something you have to add to it. The thing to do is look it over well enough that that "thing" is not a major expense.

Post Thanks / Like

andya, top of page which is the picture caption. Lycoming A2B 1200 smo on 2000 tbo penn-yan

Post Thanks / Like

Oliver am I reading the E-bay right and it says the pacer is based at Dover, Arkansas? If that is right I live 145 miles north of where the Pacer is based. If I can help you in anyway let me know. phone: 417-531-1278.

Fred Mayes
    Pacer N7478K

Post Thanks / Like

I really appreciate all your help and kind offers - thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by wyandot jim View Post
    [...] Good Pacers, which this looks like, don't stay around long. Also this started life as a Pacer not a conversion. [...]
    Jim, I am still not convinced that a taildragger is right for us and therefore don't want to rush into something. The Pacer on eBay certainly sounds and looks good, I believe that it was also offered for the same price on trade-a-plane for a while. If it is still available by the time my wife and I at least have a little bit more time in some other taildragger, I'll give him a call. This will however probably not be before late January, as we will be travelling from next Thursday on.

Quote Originally Posted by andya View Post
    [...] If I had mine back and you were close, which you are not, I would love to introduce you to the neatest airplane I've ever owned. [...]
    Be careful with what you offer, we might actually show up - we will be flying west with our Mooney over the Christmas holidays, with Catalina Island as the final destination. Along the way, we are planning to spend a few days in Death Valley and another few days in Page. I just looked up UT47 - seems like you are pretty much on our flight path.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Mayes View Post
    Oliver am I reading the E-bay right and it says the pacer is based at Dover, Arkansas? If that is right I live 145 miles north of where the Pacer is based. If I can help you in anyway let me know. [...]
    Fred, Thank you very much, very kind of you. Assuming we decide to go for a Pacer and the plane is still available, I would actually like to accept your offer.

Thanks again everybody,

Oliver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrHook3960 View Post
    andya, top of page which is the picture caption. Lycoming A2B 1200 smo on 2000 tbo penn-yan
    thanks, missed it completely.