Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Pacer (Bushmaster) Mod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Super Pacer (Bushmaster) Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Van View Post
    I have no struts so the wing mod is not a problem. Going to need new ones. Also I need to make sure that the frame mounts are in place for when that day comes.
    If your wings are 32 feet, you should be fine with standard Pacer lift struts. My wing is just over 37 feet and my struts are about the same length are Super Cub struts and have the jury struts. I do not have the struts specified for the Bushmaster. I have SC style struts with the smaller diameter strut in the rear. The manufactures now use chrome moly for the SC rear strut which makes it significantly stronger.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

I have the drawings/prints for my wings configuration and struts. I should do a comparison to what you have done. The decision on going from experimental to certified needs to be made. Is it worth and why?

Post Thanks / Like

I have the drawings/prints for my wings configuration and struts. I should do a comparison to what you have done. The decision on going from experimental to certified needs to be made. Is it worth and why?
    If it is experimental now, I see no value in taking it back to certified. There is a lot of cost savings being experimental as well as access to more up-to-date equipment. It is hard to go from certified to experimental. Mine is certified, many times I wish I were experimental.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a savings for Me! Thanks now I have to check, I need new tail feathers PA 18 correct? The 51% rule no longer applies because of the registration. Correct?

Post Thanks / Like

That's a savings for Me! Thanks now I have to check, I need new tail feathers PA 18 correct? The 51% rule no longer applies because of the registration. Correct?
    The 51% rule only applies to amateur built. If you are Experimental Exhibition, then no it does not apply, but the limitations are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Van

Welcome! Is this the "project" that was listed on craigslist a few months back?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes and Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Van

Sent you a PM

Post Thanks / Like

If your plane is already certified as experimental, you can do your own work including mods. Using certified parts on an already certified plane is your choice.

And, yes I think PA 18 tailfeathers are the best choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    If your plane is already certified as experimental, you can do your own work including mods. Using certified parts on an already certified plane is your choice.

And, yes I think PA 18 tailfeathers are the best choice.
    It depends on the flavor of “Experimental”! If it has an Experimental Amateur Built” airworthiness certificate, you are correct. If it has any other flavor of Experimental certificate, then Part 43 still applies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk