Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Super Pacer (Bushmaster) Mod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Super Pacer (Bushmaster) Modification

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Attachment 14658Attachment 14659Attachment 14660

Here are a few more pictures showing both forward and aft (middle picture) spar, all I could find on the brackets. I did use standard PA18 attachment fitting for the front spar and as I remember I had to cut them down because they were too long.. I spent a lot of time getting the attachment brackets located. But, there is some flexibility. The struts will be built to the actual distance.
    For the front spar strut fitting, used Piper PN#14192. In the Sper Pacer drawings, it calls for a gap of 1.02-1.10". But with the 14192 fittings, they have an extra spacer (in the Piper drawing, PN#10541) welded inside the mating surface to strengthen the strut attach hole, which narrows up the gap by roughly 0.15". Did you space out the strut attach fittings further to account for this or make the end of the strut narrower?

Attachment 18551http://www.supercubproject.com/drawi...s/A3290625.pdf
    Another question, in setting the washout in the wing before installing leading edge skins, did you put in the twist that a PA-18 wing has at the PA-18 station ( the OB rib of the aileron bay)?

Thanks,
    Al

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Super Pacer (Bushmaster) Mod

Weld the 10541 "plate" on the inside of the channel would eliminate the problem. But the SP prints call for the Piper 15631 spacer just above the attach point that would determine the spacing to be the normal .978. I haven't got to the wings yet on our builds, still working on the fuselages.
    Last edited by Southern Aero; 01-26-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Super Pacer (Bushmaster) Mod

On the airspeed indicator for a Super Pacer, what is the top of the white arc (Vfe)? It is not listed in the SAC-1000 drawing.