Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Aircraft Transport thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Aircraft Transport thread.

Here is a picture of how I transported a Tri-Pacer project I bought for the engine. It traveled quite well for several hours along I-70. I have an old boat trailer That I may convert to a purpose built trailer. I like the one's some of you have posted. I think having a way to mount the wings on stands is the way to go. Tri-Pacer transport.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so I'm almost ready to leave here and tow the Clipper home, unfortunately I was unable to get and install the windshield do to work load. I knew I should have brought the cracked one here!

What do you guys recommend doing to cover the windshield area during the trip or should I leave it open? You can see my setup on post #26.

My my idea was zip tie a wide piece of cardboard to the v tubes then plastic wrap the front end like I did the wings. Thoughts? Ideas? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

After 3 days travel From Northern Nevada to South Carolina, I finally got the Clipper home safe and sound!IMG_2304.jpgIMG_2307.jpgIMG_2305.jpg