Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pa12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pa12

I always get a chuckle out of it when people ask me "do you really fly that thing IFR?". When I tell them there is no difference flying "that thing" IFR than flying a C-172 or Piper Cherokee IFR they say "but it is a fabric airplane". O well, ........

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pa12

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    I think there are a lot of people in our airplanes market who are afraid of tube and fabric airplanes.
    That I never got. Just spent two months with a buddy helping him work on spam cans. So much work just to do a simple repair. Somebody dinged a wingtip on a hangar door and it took days to pull apart and repair (wrinkled last 16" of the wing and crushed fiberglass wingtip). I swear if it'd been a ragwing I'd have had it do everything in an afternoon. I guess what I'm getting at is that I think the tube and fabric is easier to maintain and repair.

As for the pa12, that was the bird I was wanting (but could not afford) when I wound up with my shortwing. O-320, flaps, cub gear and feathers and you'd have a very capable bird
    Last edited by JPerkins; 01-04-2017 at 10:42 AM.