Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vetterman Exhaust

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vetterman Exhaust

IMG_0437.jpgIMG_0445.jpg

For me, the pictures needed rotation.

piperrocks2013

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    IMG_0437.jpgIMG_0445.jpg

For me, the pictures needed rotation.
    Thanks Jim had no way to rotate them on my iPhone.

piperrocks2013

Good Morning, finally the ice melted enough to lunch the plane so I could fly it back to my small lake where I live. Anyhow I promised I would report in how the new exhaust system performed. Its diffidently louder but the performance is greatly noticed. On takeoff climb I would see maybe 2500 RPM on a good day with my 80x44.
    Last night I was just little under 2700 RPM. One person, full fuel on calm a day would take about 16 to 18 seconds after full power was added to get airborne. Now this has been reduced to about 12 seconds easily and I didn't even try to force it off or tip one wing. As you see you on the photos I have pulled the power back to where I usually pull it and I'm still over 2500 RPM! (Note the manifold). Fuel Flow was about the same at about 9.1 GPH Leaned. I checked for heat around the gascolator and fuel hose after the initial short flight of 20 minutes with no signs of heat. Will go flying tonight for a solid hour. I know Steve mentioned he played around with exhaust with similar results but the FAA wasn't interested, if that the way I remember the story?? Amazing how much power is rubbed with are exhausts.

Cheers

Jared

Video of Start up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-esE_O0QBY

Takeoff Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9rL_pzAySk

FullSizeRender.jpgIMG_0384.jpgIMG_0386.jpgIMG_0387.jpgIMG_0393.jpgIMG_0391.jpg
    Last edited by piperrocks2013; 05-16-2017 at 09:45 AM.