Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My TriPacers big sister

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My TriPacers big sister

Hi again Mark,

I don't know if there's a photo edit option here on site, easier for me to just bring home to play.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jim; 01-14-2017 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Nice car!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again Jim! I'm going to figure out how to do this soomewhere...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dmark1 View Post
    Yes it is a blast. The airplane has a G1000 which is really nice single pilot as it takes a lot of the workload off of the pilot. The airplane hand flies like a dream and is a consistent 340 Knots at 75 GPH at FL410. It really is a time machine.

For low and slow though the Tripacer wins every time. Besides, the Tri Pacer I am restoring is the exact one I learned to fly in 41 years ago so it carries a lot of sentimental value. Hope to have it ready for Oshkosh!
    Good to know. A kid from Alaska that worked for me for two winters once told me the only fun flying was in a Super Cub. Year later when he was flying turbo props on instruments in Alaska he would send me videos and tell me how much fun it was. I reminded him of his previous comment and he said they are both fun just different. I have only gotten to fly one jet that is actually based at your home airport (ADS), it was a Pinto jet retrofitted with an early Lear engine. It was a hoot.
    1341498.jpg

piperrocks2013

Quote Originally Posted by dmark1 View Post
    Yes it is a blast. The airplane has a G1000 which is really nice single pilot as it takes a lot of the workload off of the pilot. The airplane hand flies like a dream and is a consistent 340 Knots at 75 GPH at FL410. It really is a time machine.

For low and slow though the Tripacer wins every time. Besides, the Tri Pacer I am restoring is the exact one I learned to fly in 41 years ago so it carries a lot of sentimental value. Hope to have it ready for Oshkosh!
    What would happen if we could put 3 Tripacers together? We go 300 knots burn only 21 GPH . Seriously that's very interesting. You got the best of both worlds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Good to know. A kid from Alaska that worked for me for two winters once told me the only fun flying was in a Super Cub. Year later when he was flying turbo props on instruments in Alaska he would send me videos and tell me how much fun it was. I reminded him of his previous comment and he said they are both fun just different. I have only gotten to fly one jet that is actually based at your home airport (ADS), it was a Pinto jet retrofitted with an early Lear engine. It was a hoot.
    1341498.jpg
    I guess that is my problem, hand me an airplane and I'll have fun flying it. 100LL, Jet A, mogas, gas/oil mix, I'll burn any of them and have fun. Don't believe me? Hand me an airplane!
    1957 PA-22/20 "Super Pacer" based 1H0
    Lifetime EAA member
    Vintage Aircraft Association member
    Lifetime EAA Chapter 32 member

Post Thanks / Like

I've flown many different types of airplanes. The most fun are the simple ones, usually under 100 hp tandem type airplanes. I also enjoy flying on OPM (other peoples money) Now that I'm retired I don't get to do that anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Fun flying; fly a Vagabond.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, should have included the Vagabond.

Post Thanks / Like

This one was a lot of fun to fly especially with the doors off. My neighbor and I would fly it and to get it to turn just stick your hand out the door. The picture was taken after my Daughter soloed in it. She wasn't all that happy about flying it with the doors off.
    With no electrical system or radios it was pretty maintenance free. It also did fair loops and rolls with the strong 85 in it

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, true, I can relate to that
    "Progress is our most important problem"