Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Prince Albert Landing Fees

piperrocks2013

Default Prince Albert Landing Fees

I know this has been a hot topic on Facebook that me and April have started. Thanks for all that have supported us so far but we need more help.
    Are local CYPA (Prince Albert Airport) has started to enforce landing fees for all small private aircraft. Its the only airport in the province of Saskatchewan that charges the fees. This airport sustains lots of commercial traffic but have decided to targeted the small guys. There is maybe two hundred small private airplane a year that land and the administration costs to collect these fees will be more then what they return. Please read below and if you decide to agree please sign the petition and comment if you desire. We have quite a few Americans and Canadians that land at Prince Albert for fuel and overnight stays and support are local economy. This could effect you as much as us. All I will mention is most airports in Western Canada that did charge a fee ended up chasing away the industry and costing the town more in the long run.. Most have reversed there decision but the consequences were to late.
    Lets not see this happen to YPA.

https://www.change.org/p/pa-airport-...-no_src-no_msg

Thanks
    Jared Chursinoff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Prince Albert Landing Fees

Done............

piperrocks2013

Thanks for your support.

Post Thanks / Like

It is an unheard of concept in UK to have free landings at airports or grass airfields.
    The lowest fee one would be charged is around GBP 10 for a grass airfield and anywhere from GBP 15 to GBP 30 at a smallish airfield/airport with tarmac runways....

Different in France though where mostly no or very low fees are charged.

TonyN

Post Thanks / Like

I am curious what it costs to collect and administer those fees? Of course it does create jobs for bureaucrats.

I feel fortunate that in 2500 hours of flying and unknown thousands of landings I have never ever been billed for a landing including landing at some large Class B airports. Having said that we must stay vigilant as there are folks who want to change that to their benefit.
    Last edited by Gilbert Pierce; 03-09-2017 at 09:32 AM.

piperrocks2013

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfgoe View Post
    Done............
    Good afternoon an update. I convinced PaNow, are local Newspaper to do an article. From what I gather Council is going to review there fee policy Monday March 13. If you still want to sign the petition please do above. Thanks for everyone's help so far, keep you updated.

http://panow.com/article/653878/priv...d-landing-fees

Jared