Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thread: Two (I won't say simple) questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Two (I won't say simple) questions

SJ,

I've had an intermittent problem when I try to post. It seems to only happen when I quote a post but there are certain times when my spacebar won't work when I'm typing in the quick reply box at the bottom of the page. It doesn't happen all the time but it seems to happen the most when quoting a post. I'm using a mid 2012 MacBook Pro running Sierra (10.12.3) and using Chrome for the browser on the website. I haven't had any issues with Tapatalk, just the configuration listed above.

One other comment, on SC.org the "like" and "thank" is configured differently at the bottom. On here I only see the smiley face where they have the phrases showing at the bottom of the page. Is this a choice that was made or ??? I like the way SC.org is set up but SWPO.org is workable too.

Jim
    1957 PA-22/20 "Super Pacer" based 1H0
    Lifetime EAA member
    Vintage Aircraft Association member
    Lifetime EAA Chapter 32 member

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Two (I won't say simple) questions

I have had the same issue with the space bar. I have to hit the arrow button for the next line. And I like the "Like" and "Thanks" buttons on SuperCub.org better as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hann View Post
    SJ,

I've had an intermittent problem when I try to post. It seems to only happen when I quote a post but there are certain times when my spacebar won't work when I'm typing in the quick reply box at the bottom of the page. It doesn't happen all the time but it seems to happen the most when quoting a post. I'm using a mid 2012 MacBook Pro running Sierra (10.12.3) and using Chrome for the browser on the website. I haven't had any issues with Tapatalk, just the configuration listed above.

One other comment, on SC.org the "like" and "thank" is configured differently at the bottom. On here I only see the smiley face where they have the phrases showing at the bottom of the page. Is this a choice that was made or ??? I like the way SC.org is set up but SWPO.org is workable too.

Jim
    I get the space bar issue every time on both here and SC when I click "quick reply with quote."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok, so this is actually a google chrome thing and it has not been solved very well. There are a couple workarounds, hit the return (enter for you young folk) key once before typing, or use "go advanced".

sj

Post Thanks / Like

With technology making jumps it is a head scratcher to this non computer skills guy why this is a problem along with photos posting upside down and sideways. I'm completely run off of BCP because my computer says BCP has "re-directed" me too many times and I need to clear cookies. When I got through the steps it has no success. Kind of aggravating. I might have to get my 17 year old to clear it up for me. I'm the only dinosaur in the house. I work off of a 138 dollar chrome book. Everybody else is rockin' Mac desktops(that I bought) its hell getting old.

Post Thanks / Like

Cub Junkie,

I have that same problem with redirects on my Union's message board. Usually it just means start over with your original bookmark (you have the site bookmarked right?) I use Chrome for many things but I'm trying to distance myself from any MS powered laptops, I'm tired of being a computer tech when I would rather be an airplane one!

SJ, thanks for the info, I'm not much above Luddite in terms of tech any more. I do appreciate my MBP, like I said above I've had enough MSFT to last a lifetime!
    1957 PA-22/20 "Super Pacer" based 1H0
    Lifetime EAA member
    Vintage Aircraft Association member
    Lifetime EAA Chapter 32 member