Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wanted!! Outboard spar material and ribs PA22, 13 rib wing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wanted!! Outboard spar material and ribs PA22, 13 rib wing

Looking to repair my original R wing. Need ~the outer 32 inches of both front and rear spars (to splice in)-if anyone has any outer ribs 12046-04, nose ribs 12662-02, outer rib 12046-08 and tip rib 10742-03 in serviceable condition that would be great (or any of these ribs). Thanks!!

Andy Helmholdt
    Piper 56' PA22/20, N4462A

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wanted!! Outboard spar material and ribs PA22, 13 rib wing

Andy, I am cleaning out my hanger and think I have a front & rear spar that you are welcome to have. I'll be back to the hanger next week and can send you some photos. They are complete spars, probably from 12 rib wings that I have been "storing" for some time! ha ha. Let me know if you want to have me cut them & ship only what you need. Not sure about the ribs. Will look.

John Kobbeman
    801 499-0413

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPacer View Post
    Andy, I am cleaning out my hanger and think I have a front & rear spar that you are welcome to have. I'll be back to the hanger next week and can send you some photos. They are complete spars, probably from 12 rib wings that I have been "storing" for some time! ha ha. Let me know if you want to have me cut them & ship only what you need. Not sure about the ribs. Will look.

John Kobbeman
    801 499-0413
    Thanks. I will call tomorrow!!

Post Thanks / Like

Andy

I found a couple pieces you could use if you haven't already got it covered. The front is cut 32" in from the last compression strut and the rear is cut at about 37". They have the spar extension 1/8" plates in them but you can remove and reshape if you are going back with the bows. Might have the ribs too but gotta hunt them.

IMG_1702.jpg