Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Short Wing Pipers @ Oshkosh 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Short Wing Pipers @ Oshkosh 2017

Quote Originally Posted by andya View Post
    That device you are in looks awful scary to me!!!!!!!!!!
    Too many moving parts
    A conglomeration of parts flying in close formation around an oil leak waiting for metal fatigue to set in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPerkins View Post
    A conglomeration of parts flying in close formation around an oil leak waiting for metal fatigue to set in.
    That's a good one, haven't heard that one yet!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Got confirmation from EAA yesterday, ShortWingPipers.org forum at 2:30 Wednesday July 26th Workshop Classroom B. Will post a map when I find a good one.
    Looked up the location. Naturally, it is about as far away from the campground as it could get. My son and I will be there (If my knees hold out).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quietwater View Post
    Looked up the location. Naturally, it is about as far away from the campground as it could get. My son and I will be there (If my knees hold out).
    I have the same problem, Quietwater. Last year I rented a thing like a golf cart. It worked out really well. they are $70 a day though. Not cheap. Reserved one this year,too. Supposed to be located just out side the main gate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here is where the forum will be held. Map

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwdurham View Post
    Oh fine. Ask Mark O. and Kurt if they are going but you don't ask the short fat kid. I'm hurt, deflated, and need a safe place.
    You know Rick, I have asked you every year for the past 5 and you come with the excuss "too far", or "work" or "the arrival is scary", well this is your chance. Just get there. I'll have a box of Tim Hortons dog nuts just for you!!!

Peter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterL View Post
    You know Rick, I have asked you every year for the past 5 and you come with the excuss "too far", or "work" or "the arrival is scary", well this is your chance. Just get there. I'll have a box of Tim Hortons dog nuts just for you!!!

Peter
    You silly Canuck. Not once have I said it was too far. The other two may be painfully accurate since I avoid controlled airspace at ALL cost and I do have a job that pays for this high priced hobby of mine. And for heaven's sake, quit telling people you are going to bring me dog nuts. I don't want any dog nuts, I want doughnuts. In Texas there's a difference. You can bring me calf nuts, mountain oysters, prairie shrimp, but NO dog nuts! With any luck at all I will find a parking spot right next to you so I can deal you 5 days of misery.

Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dang Peter, I think ya got to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwdurham View Post
    You silly Canuck. Not once have I said it was too far. The other two may be painfully accurate since I avoid controlled airspace at ALL cost and I do have a job that pays for this high priced hobby of mine. And for heaven's sake, quit telling people you are going to bring me dog nuts. I don't want any dog nuts, I want doughnuts. In Texas there's a difference. You can bring me calf nuts, mountain oysters, prairie shrimp, but NO dog nuts! With any luck at all I will find a parking spot right next to you so I can deal you 5 days of misery.

Rick
    Ok, you are on, I will save a spot right next to me, I will even bring some Tri-Pacer parts and dressup your M to make it fit in!!!
    I'll bring the real donuts,(Canadian spelling). You can have them all........

Post Thanks / Like

I believe we might have a good side show going on at Oshkosh!