Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Short Wing Pipers @ Oshkosh 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Short Wing Pipers @ Oshkosh 2017

I will be flying in on Sunday morning for the entire week! Doubt there will be any hope to be flying the experimental pacer up but putting in 10 hour days trying my best.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope to take my PA-11 for it's 70th BDay (June 4th) Will try to arrive Fri-Sat before and likely leave Wednesday or Thursday. Would love to catch a forum, always learning.

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping the weather cooperates and am planning on flying in on Wed.- Sat. in my friends RV8. Camping in homebuilt area down by warbirds. I've got to admit it is nice autopilot crusing at 10K over the weather and one hopping it 600 miles in less than 4 hours. Funny story, last year I was down by Theater in the woods and my legs were shot. Ran and jumped on the back seat of a tram. I asked the volunteer riding on the back if this tram went to the warbirds area? She said yes. I said well I really want to just go to the homebuilt area. She asks, can you tell me something, what does building houses have to do with airplanes? She was serious. Gotta love the OSH volunteers, couldn't put it on without them. She couldn't believe it when I told her all the planes you see in this section were made in peoples garages and basements and that is the origin of this whole thing.
    -Super Stub-

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Oshkosh and keep N9401D there - #B10 in the north T hangars near the fire station. I'll be around all week. If you need local information, such as shopping or dining, I can help.

Post Thanks / Like

Planing to attend but I won't have my work schedule for a couple more weeks. Probably park up in GAC again to shorten my "commute" for volunteering and keep the Blue Angel crowd away from my airplane. Details as they come.
    1957 PA-22/20 "Super Pacer" based 1H0
    Lifetime EAA member
    Vintage Aircraft Association member
    Lifetime EAA Chapter 32 member

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there all week and will be staying in Camp Scholler in my trailer. I will certainly attend a seminar if Steve puts one on.

Post Thanks / Like

So, I'm thinking of attending. A long flight from coast of CA. Recommendations on where to camp are welcome. Is the a common map you all use? thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I've made the trip many times from the So Cal area and most of the time flown the route in the attached image. The passes across Southern Colorado on either side of the San Luis Valley are the only high altitude challenges on this route. I have to climb to about 9,500 on the West side and 10,500 on the East side of the valley to clear the mountains.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brian; 06-02-2017 at 06:03 PM.
    Brian
    Monrovia, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I've made the trip many times from the So Cal area and most of the time flown the route in the attached image. The passes across Southern Colorado on either side of the San Luis Valley are the only high altitude challenges on this route. I have to climb to about 9,500 on the West side and 10,500 on the East side of the valley to clear the mountains.
    Didn't you do this in one day?
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Didn't you do this in one day?
    Since you won't make Johnson Creek you are due an appearance at Oshkosh aern't you?