Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good place for an onboard camera

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good place for an onboard camera

Quote Originally Posted by smcnutt View Post
    I wonder if the panel exposure could be changed with a video editing program after the fact. Trying get both at the same time out of the camera might be asking too much.
    Now I think, that is the reason. Better one cam only for the panel and one only for the front view

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smcnutt View Post
    I wonder if the panel exposure could be changed with a video editing program after the fact. Trying get both at the same time out of the camera might be asking too much.
    You can twiddle the video to remove the bloom but the sensor has already lost the detail of what would be in place of that light bloom. So, once you removed the bloom you'd just have a dark spot in the video image.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was working on using my iPhone with a X-Grip mount for RAM. The biggest problem has been sizing the cockpit support struts. Does anyone know the diameter of them?

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know the tubing size off the top of my head but I usually determine size with an open end wrench if all I need is an idea (like what size adel clamp I need).

I am using a Ram X-mount with a Ram c-clamp mount to hold my iPhone so I can have my flight app in front of me. It works pretty good. I was disappointed with the pictures and video I attempted to take that way but starting with a GoPro may have spoiled me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Vee brace tubes are 5/8" as measured with my trusty 5/8" open ended wrench I keep in my pickup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You guys are great! I’ll
    Make sure to keep a few trusty open ended wrenches around to answer my questions! One of many reasons I love this site!

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using ShortWingPipers.Org

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking to do an over the shoulder gauge and out the front view with a gopro or equivalent. Is mounting to the speaker/dome light with a sticky mount the best way to go or is there a better option? Maybe use one of the speakers mounts mounting screws?

Post Thanks / Like

I use a GoPro 7 mounted to the windshield strut to shoot over the nose and my iPhone mounted with a suction cup to the right rear window to record the cockpit view. You can see how it works on my YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwQ...ihpE0zmvmbUGgg (except the video about the Hudson River flight since my friend mounted a camera on the right side windshield to shoot back into the cockpit). The High Sierra Fly in videos will give you some good examples.

My cockpit set up will only work if I fly by myself though. I am also exploring to mount my I phone behind me in the center. I was thinking about mounting a bar between the shoulder harness mounts to mount the iPhone mount to it.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Im trying to hone in on my landings and would like to use a gopro or similar to debrief with.

Post Thanks / Like

First mount attempt. Seems ok.

03E524A5-7EF5-41AB-974C-599A08E49236.jpeg