Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 160-180 hp Pacer on Floats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 160-180 hp Pacer on Floats

I like that rear passenger door fitted out with plexiglass. That would make for an even better view from the back seat. Very slick looking panel in there as well.

I've definitely planned on some type specific training in whatever plane I end up using. Fortunately the lake we operate from has about 5000 ft of useable water and the hot and calm days in our neck of the woods aren't terribly common.

piperrocks2013

Quote Originally Posted by wmvosburgh View Post
    I like that rear passenger door fitted out with plexiglass. That would make for an even better view from the back seat. Very slick looking panel in there as well.

I've definitely planned on some type specific training in whatever plane I end up using. Fortunately the lake we operate from has about 5000 ft of useable water and the hot and calm days in our neck of the woods aren't terribly common.

What's your elevation ???

Post Thanks / Like

I'm right around 1400'

piperrocks2013

I'm right around 1400'
    You will have no issues I'm about the same as you actually a little higher

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we're fortunate to sit on the edge of the border wilderness without having too much altitude to deal with. Performance in the winter is great if you care to brave the cold.
    What sort of empty weights are you looking at on floats?

piperrocks2013

Yeah, we're fortunate to sit on the edge of the border wilderness without having too much altitude to deal with. Performance in the winter is great if you care to brave the cold.
    What sort of empty weights are you looking at on floats?
    1268lbs empty for my float plane. Keep in mind it was covered with heavy Razorback.

Jared

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks--sent you a personal message for some more weight info so I don't clutter this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

My Tripacer is 1299# on edo 2000, 82 incher, nothing special though that might add weight... Paint on the fuse is old school Ditzler Poly process developed for the sprayers in the early '70s it is thick. Wings have stewert systems on them.

62ZwbF.jpg

62Zpre.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys for the weight information. Great information from a very welcoming forum. I'm still on the hunt for the right pacer, and I've found info on here that's already led my search away from some potentially bad purchases.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

that is great information from Rocket and Piperrocks. I have a weight and balance from my project 22-150 with metalized wings only, no other mods and it is 1267 empty. CG ?

My new to me 22-150 on wheels has an empty weight of 1188.5 and a CG of 9.35, based on a weighing in 2012. On floats it should be right around 1300. the CG seems pretty far forward even with a light weight starter.
    it has an oil filter, 160 HP and Tanis heater.