Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Piper Colt, would love to fly in one.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Piper Colt, would love to fly in one.

As stated, I simply have a desire to fly in a Piper Colt. I live near Danville, Illinois. Obviously, I would be willing to pay for such a flight. I have no issue with driving to an area, within a couple hours.

I have always liked planes and a dear older friend once owned one and has told me hours of stories of flying. Now, I have the bug to just fly in one....and maybe even more down the road....

Thanks in advance,

Ken West

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Piper Colt, would love to fly in one.

Ken,
    By any chance, did you ever live/work in Visalia, CA? Common name, I know. But, it is indeed a small world!
    Welcome to SWPO. When you finally get your flight, better leave your checkbook at home. You will be wanting a SWP for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Ohlau,

Thank you for your response. No, I can't say I get out to California much. I think last time was in 1995, had a friend who played for New York Mets....which were playing the Padres.

As for owning a Colt, I already own many Colt's, just not a airplane Colt. I own those guns named Colt.

I have already studied the sales ad all over the net, still learning, total novice hear. No license, etc., but a pure love of planes. Just have a goal of flying in a Piper Colt is all.

Thank you,

Kenny

Post Thanks / Like

the colt would be a good airplane to learn and get your PPL in. I took my PPL ck ride in a colt after learning to fly in J-3's
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

You should also look into flying in a Cessna Cardinal.... seeing as you are a Cardinal Fan.

Good luck and enjoy your Colt ride, all the Shortwing Pipers are a ton of fun.

GG
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice Mr. Geller, might just have to do that

I plan on going to Oshkosh this summer if all works out.... heard it is an amazing place.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a colt, but I have a Tri pacer up near rockford. If you get up this way let me know

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob.shea View Post
    I don't have a colt, but I have a Tri pacer up near rockford. If you get up this way let me know
    Mr. Shea, I know Rockford (Qaud City area). I will keep you in mind for sure!

Thank you,

Kenny