Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New solo in a Short Wing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New solo in a Short Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    I would recommend a 406 ELT with built in GPS. If activated it sends a burst with a bread crumb trail of the track the airplane has flown. The search and rescue guys tell me that if you have that they are going on a rescue mission. 121.5 is a search and rescue. PLBs work well also as do personal trackers like SPOT and DeLorne.
    The E04 can be hooked into your GPS to send the GPS position.
    Fly safe fly low fly slow

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the replies! It looks like internal gps will fit the bill since the aircraft lacks a GPS. Is the hat shelf/package shelf a solid enough location or should we mount somewhere more solid?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Thank you for the replies! It looks like internal gps will fit the bill since the aircraft lacks a GPS. Is the hat shelf/package shelf a solid enough location or should we mount somewhere more solid?
    Mine isn't, heck it isn't even bolted down! I've seen an install on a platform mounted behind the baggage compartment but that owner isn't on here.
    1957 PA-22/20 "Super Pacer" based 1H0
    Lifetime EAA member
    Vintage Aircraft Association member
    Lifetime EAA Chapter 32 member